This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Still confused. National player of the year is a four star and the 69th ranked overall prospect??? Is the award based on how nice he is?
    the media isnt in control of this award. i cant imagine that being a bad thing.

Comment

It’s too bad someone didn’t try to hire Fran or Sumlin from us. Guess it’s a good sign that our current coaches are in high demand.

Comment

I find it just a little bit ironic and entertaining that the Aggies find themselves in the EXACT same position Texas was in last year. A hot DC that had a great year one and at risk of leaving for a HC job. You can learn something from what we went through. Year one results are not necessarily a predictor of year two performance. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond happy that Orlando is at Texas but, I think we all had higher expectations for year two. Turns out they were unrealistic.

All that being said, continuity is key and it looks like ATM will have that next year.

Comment

The holes in the A&M defense are quite obvious. Lack of depth at certain positions and under performing talent at others. Hopefully a couple recruiting classes can take care of that, but I know Bama has already had an impact as far as that goes.

Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
            I find it just a little bit ironic and entertaining that the Aggies find themselves in the EXACT same position Texas was in last year. A hot DC that had a great year one and at risk of leaving for a HC job. You can learn something from what we went through. Year one results are not necessarily a predictor of year two performance. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond happy that Orlando is at Texas but, I think we all had higher expectations for year two. Turns out they were unrealistic.

All that being said, continuity is key and it looks like ATM will have that next year.

Agreed. We will likely take a step back next year on defense by losing some senior leadership.

I’m also not sure Orlando’s D will get much better next year if y’all lose 8 starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              Agreed. We will likely take a step back next year on defense by losing some senior leadership.

I’m also not sure Orlando’s D will get much better next year if y’all lose 8 starters.

Yep, Texas is losing 5 on offense not counting CJ or LJH possibly entering the draft and 8 on deffense not counting the possibility of BJ entering the draft.

Worst case scenerio is likely 7 on offense and 9 on defense.

The plus side is Orlando rotates a ton on defense, all the backups played significant reps throughout the season.

The bad, three OL will be graduating when things finally started to look up.

Comment

I'm trying to be optimistic. While losing some key players, I'm optimistic the secondary will be even better and the front line should have enough depth to maintain or improve. I do worry about the linebackers.

Also, OU can't pull another Heisman QB out of the hat, can they? Texas should have the best QB in the league with good receivers and RBs. Fingers crossed that the line will also improve even with loss of some starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Yep, Texas is losing 5 on offense not counting CJ or LJH possibly entering the draft and 8 on deffense not counting the possibility of BJ entering the draft.

Worst case scenerio is likely 7 on offense and 9 on defense.

The plus side is Orlando rotates a ton on defense, all the backups played significant reps throughout the season.

The bad, three OL will be graduating when things finally started to look up.

Unless you have depth like Bama, replacing starters is always a crapshoot.

Comment

Isn’t this coming year the year Charlie said Texas would win the NC?

Comment

Unless you have depth like Bama, replacing starters is always a crapshoot.

Reps are crucial to development.

Ingram over Watson
                      Cade Bewer replaces Beck

The OL is my only concern on Offense unless LJH and CJ chase the bag.

As for defense. On Paper. (number of starts)

DE Roach(11) played in replaces Hager
                      NT Wilbon(1) replaces Nelson
                      DE Graham(2) replaces Omenihu
                      MLB Adeoye replaces Wheeler
                      ROV Overshown replaces Johnson this could end up being a JUCO
                      CB Boyce(2) replaces Boyd
                      Cook(1) replaces Davis
                      Thompson(3) replaces Locke III

I think they'll be alright.

Redshirts this season: Jamari Chsiholm, Buechele, Oakfor, John Burt, Kyle Porter and Carter.

Freshmen redshirts: Malcolm Epps, Ayodele Adeoye, Moro Ojomo, Keondre Coburn (each played in one to three games and are available for the Sugar) Byron Vaughns, Al'vonte Woodard, Junior Angilau, Reese Moore, Rafiti Ghirmai, Daniel Carson and Mike Williams.
                      Last edited by Chad C; 12-12-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Aggies are gonna be strong in the coming years...Jimbo has them on the right path...

Yall haters better hope Haskins doesn't come back...he tweeted unfinished business and fuel for the fire about not winning Heisman...( though he had better stats)

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Isn’t this coming year the year Charlie said Texas would win the NC?
                          I sold all my stock in Charlie.

Comment

Reps are crucial to development.

Ingram over Watson
                            Cade Bewer replaces Beck

The OL is my only concern on Offense unless LJH and CJ chase the bag.

As for defense. On Paper. (number of starts)

DE Roach(11) played in replaces Hager
                            NT Wilbon(1) replaces Nelson
                            DE Graham(2) replaces Omenihu
                            MLB Adeoye replaces Wheeler
                            ROV Overshown replaces Johnson this could end up being a JUCO
                            CB Boyce(2) replaces Boyd
                            Cook(1) replaces Davis
                            Thompson(3) replaces Locke III

I think they'll be alright.

Redshirts this season: Jamari Chsiholm, Buechele, Oakfor, John Burt, Kyle Porter and Carter.

Freshmen redshirts: Malcolm Epps, Ayodele Adeoye, Moro Ojomo, Keondre Coburn (each played in one to three games and are available for the Sugar) Byron Vaughns, Al'vonte Woodard, Junior Angilau, Reese Moore, Rafiti Ghirmai, Daniel Carson and Mike Williams.
                            I find it hard to believe that Burt didn't appear in four games. He was on special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                              I find it hard to believe that Burt didn't appear in four games. He was on special teams.
                              Burt appeared in 4 games and will redshirt, not available for the Sugar.

Comment

I sold all my stock in Charlie.
                                Maybe the horn fan on here that agreed with with him, did as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X