Mass shooting in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However, the media labels it “Mass tragedy”.

Biased, maybe? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns are not allowed in Australia. A shooting is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        I was thinking the same thing.
        If you always think the same thing as me, people will think you're a freaking genius.

Comment

I don’t think you can have certain guns like handguns or AR style. There was someone on TBH from Australia that talked about only having a lever 30-30.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
            I don’t think you can have certain guns like handguns or AR style. There was someone on TBH from Australia that talked about only having a lever 30-30.

You can’t have rifled shotguns either.

Comment

Crikey mate! Someone didn't follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Crikey mate! Someone didn't follow the rules.
                You mean someone out to kill people and then themselves would not follow the rules?

I just don't understand.

Comment

I am shocked this took place in the safest place with NO guns and lots of gun laws. . . .

Comment

Bless those Families

Comment

Worst mass shooting since 1996 - Seems like a better record than ours, no ?

How does that stack up proportionately according to population?

Comment

Maybe Australia should look at banning guns.....

oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

That’s not the point. Everyone wants to compare the US to them (you can’t), but when it does happen, they don’t call it a mass shooting.
                          I’m just merely pointing out the bias in the media.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                            Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            I am shocked this took place in the safest place with NO guns and lots of gun laws. . . .

Apparently you can own them but they have licenses per style of firearm so if you want to own multiple types (shotgun, pistol, rifle) you're going to need a lot of licenses and the requirements to keep your license are pretty involved...but it is possible. From the article:

Category A is .22s, shotguns and air rifles. That’s the easiest license to obtain. No semiautomatics are allowed.

Category B is for center fire rifles. You have to provide a reason for why you need a more powerful gun. I shoot feral pigs and foxes; that’s a valid reason. Again, no semiautomatics.

Category C is available only to farmers; they can own a semiautomatic shotgun or .22 but the cartridges are limited to five shots for the shotgun and 10 shots for the .22.

Category D, for semiautomatic guns and rifles, is only for professional shooters: you have to have a registered business and prove that you are earning an income through shooting.

An H license is for handguns. If you want to buy a pistol in Australia you’ve got to be a member of a target pistol club. You’ve got to do a minimum of eight competition shoots per year to keep your license. If you don’t, you lose it.

Category G is for collectors. For that you’ve got to attend at least one meeting per year.
                            Last edited by JonBoy; 05-11-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

They never had very many gun issues before the ban. It was triggered by one mass shooting. Everything they've done since then has been designed to prevent another one. Oh well, I guess that failed.

But, in my opinion it is not a gun issue, it is a cultural issue. Our culture has a tendency to produce more of these types of things, but its not do to guns. Take guns away and they will use pressure cookers as bombs or vehicles to run people over. I think the point of all this is well made........You can't solve violence by going after guns. Guns are simply the method. You must address the root cause, not the method

Comment

Working...
                              X