Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any wonder why the Postal Service is Broke!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most the post office employees couldn't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Sometimes not at all
      So true.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        Amazon Prime is putting a hurt on them too

My usps delivers my amazon prime . Always 2 days late and won’t drop it at the house . Girl is to lazy to get her fat *** out of her Jeep. I have to drive to town to get my stuff

Comment

Actually our local post office has some great people working there. It's getting it to the local office that's the problem.

Comment

Yup I can't stand em... they'll send and invoice I mail out that's one zip code over to Dallas then back to Houston to get to an address that's 4 miles away. Takes 4 to 6 days, and when that customer sends a check back guess what... same BS...

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              My usps delivers my amazon prime . Always 2 days late and won’t drop it at the house . Girl is to lazy to get her fat *** out of her Jeep. I have to drive to town to get my stuff
              I was standing in my yard yesterday and the Fedex fool drove by and slung my package in the ditch. He seen me and kept on going.

Comment

I have nothing for the USPS and never intentionally use them however Amazon and others send me packages by them.

But.... the USPS will send a letter from anywhere in the country for 54 cents. FedEx will do it guaranteed in in one day if it is 1/2 pounds or less.... for $39.26.

I would bet that for a 7,000% increase in shipping cost, the USPS might be better and/or not lose money.

Comment

It takes 4 days for my house payment to go 30 miles from Allen to Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    It takes 4 days for my house payment to go 30 miles from Allen to Dallas.

Don’t you have a hookup with your old Pony express buddies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      Had a package in Tyler (40 minutes away) go all the way to Chicago to come back here...?
                      I bought a bow from a guy in Louisiana. USPS shipped to Houston via Massachussets.

Comment

Affirmative action.

Never understood who in the government or why they insist on hiring the most worthless people. Sure there are a few good people that work at the USPS. But why in the world can't they fire the bad ones? Plenty of good, hard working people would love a job with those benefits. Just saying "union" is crap. Get rid of all unions if they're only there so no one can ever be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Don’t you have a hookup with your old Pony express buddies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Giddy up cowboy!

Comment

Third generation affirmative hiring, their union, and they're 90% lazy democrats..

Last edited by Thumper; 04-25-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                              Funny thing about Fed Ex and UPS......in the rural parts of the state...guess who delivers those packages??!!
                              That's right...the USPS.

My mom unloads a UPS truck everyday and puts it on the carriers trucks because they can do it faster..lol

She said the Unions forcing the prepayment of every retirement fund has hurt the USPS big time
                              I recently ordered a red dot and tracking showed fedex delivered on Thursday. Then it changed to USPS delivered on Friday. On Friday it showed delivered on Monday. Saturday afternoon, it was raining and my garage door was open. I saw 2 boxes thrower I the floor. One was the Red dot. I was going to call and raise hell about the poor service but what’s the use.

Comment

Whole lot of opinions and lots of misinformation in this thread.

USPS is self funded. ZERO tax dollars at work here.

Congress passed legislation that said they had to self fund retirements for 75 years. Which is why they have been operating in the red ever since that passed.

Amazon has put a huge strain on USPS resources since they made them take a deal to deliver last mile legs of delivery.

They also lose money on amazon deliveries.

Your mail carriers did not receive any compensation for having to carry and process additional packages brought on by the amazon deal.

Every piece of mail or package that is at your local post office gets delivered same day, unless it comes in after all of the carriers leave for routes. Then it goes the next day unless it's a priority package that's guaranteed by a certain time and date.

All incoming mail goes from your box to your local post office and is loaded on a truck by 5pm every day and taken to the local distribution hub where it is either processed locally, or sent to another main hub, and processed again by mail handlers. Mail is moved all over the country 24/7 at the processing facilities.

Now, because of the large human element involved with moving things all over the place, sometimes you'll see delays due to various circumstances such as misplaced, mis-sent, or re-routed parcels or pieces of mail based on how it was sorted or handled at the sorting facilities.

Not all postal districts are created equal. Some post offices are operated like it's the wild west (your local postmaster is the problem here) Leadership starts at the top. This is the exception, not the norm.

Comment

Working...
                                X