Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first knives with my logo etched in them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first knives with my logo etched in them.

I solicited ideas on facebook for a logo to put on my knives, and one person gave me one I liked, so I used it.

These are all 1080 steel knives. This first one is 8-7/8" long with a 4-13/16" blade. The handle is buckeye burl, dyed and cast in alumilite. I got it from Terry Dunn. I accidentally put the logo on upside down, but since S and H look the same upside down, nobody will know it was an accident! :-)

This next one is 8-7/8" long with a 4-5/8" blade. The handle and blade shape are pretty much the same as the one above; I only changed the part in the middle where the bolster and finger guard are. A friend gave me piece of ivory, and I figured that since ebony and ivory go together in perfect harmony that I'd put an ebony handle on it. I really like this one, but I messed up etching my logo in it. I tried to reverse the polarity in hopes of getting a darker mark, but it didn't come out well, and it's too deep to sand out, so I'm stuck with it.

I didn't put my mark on this third knife. I started on it before the above two, and although I had my stencils already, I just didn't have the nerve to do it yet. This one is 7" long with a 3-5/8" blade. The handle is dyed and stabilized curly maple. The curls are kind of subtle, and you can see them better in dim light than in bright light. I really like how this one turned out, too. I'm working on another one just like it except that it'll have a gut hook. It'll be my first gut hook knife.

I'm diggin that logo

Comment

Awesome knives keep up the good work

Comment

I really like everything about the third one. Who am I kidding I like them all!

Comment

Good job Sam. I like the logo too.

Comment

I really like the logo!

Comment

Love your logo

Comment

Nice work...good logo too!

Comment

Those look great.

Comment

they look great Sam,told you it was easy!

Comment

Outstanding all the way around Sam... You've come a long, long way... Thumbs up Bro.

Comment

Thanks y'all!

Comment

Working...
                        X