Austin 2/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin 2/14

The Austin Archery Club Monthly 3D shoot is Feb 14th, this sunday.

Shotgun or Cali start? What time? What's the rules on bino's, speed etc... I didn't see any of that info on the website

Comment

Cali start- 9am-11am generally.
      Rules, we don't need no stinking rules!!
      Classes generally follow ASA
      unknown yardage- no rangefinders-(before the shot) although some will carry and verify after the shot. honor system here
      no restrictions on binos
      no speed limits are enforced,
      This is a very layed back environment. Shooters will range from families with kids "just for fun" to the serious shooters preping for a major.
      "have a good time" that's the only rule that is really enforced

Comment

I used to shoot a lot (semi-pro and pro classes) I quit shooting 3-D in 2003. I would shoot AAC on my free weekends there weren't any majors shoots and ACC was hosting a shoot that weekend. I didn't know if any rules have changed since. I'm free this sunday and had thought about coming since I live right up 2222 now.

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
          "have a good time" that's the only rule that is really enforced
          The BEST rule to enforce IMHO ....

Comment

I really like to shoot in Austin with y'all. It is always fun.

Unfortunately, y'alls shoots are on the same Sundays as our shoots. Our club shoot is this Sunday, 14th, at 10 am.

Y'all have fun!

Comment

I might have to follow Dusty Britches to Bryan!!! ;-)

Comment

what does Cali start mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie View Post
                  what does Cali start mean?
                  You can get a group and start anytime beteween 9-11. VS shotgun when everyone starts at vthe same time.

Comment

thanks.
                    Tomorrow is going to be my first 3D shoot ever.

Hope to not lose too many arrows....

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie View Post
                      thanks.
                      Tomorrow is going to be my first 3D shoot ever.

Hope to not lose too many arrows....
                      Be prepared to HAVE FUN and be HOOKED on 3D. Set a goal like Hit all the targets first. Then when that is accomplished raise the bar to no 5's. You will see after tomorrow that it is not that bad. 90% of 3d archers bowhunt but 5% of bowhunters shoot 3D. Mostly because they don't go and shoot the 1st one. Shoot with some friends and have a good time.

Comment

Just what I need, another addiction!

I will be looking to make some new friends since I won't know anyone.
                        Shouldn't be an issue!

I need some serious advice on judging distance though, used to using the range finder.

Comment

Great turnout! I left around 11, and there were still groups at the first bunch of targets. I figure about 40 shooters, and I know many were non-members. Thanks, folks!

We'll try to get the road graded before the next shoot (the rain eroded it badly). Thanks to Greg for a job well done, and get well soon!

Anybody thinking about membership, Archery Country should have more forms & keys by now, and the price has dropped to $50/yr. Can't beat that with a stick!

Next shoot is Sun., March 14. We could use a little help getting the targets up on Sat., March 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Starpost9 View Post
                            Great turnout! I left around 11, and there were still groups at the first bunch of targets. I figure about 40 shooters, and I know many were non-members. Thanks, folks!

We'll try to get the road graded before the next shoot (the rain eroded it badly). Thanks to Greg for a job well done, and get well soon!

Anybody thinking about membership, Archery Country should have more forms & keys by now, and the price has dropped to $50/yr. Can't beat that with a stick!

Next shoot is Sun., March 14. We could use a little help getting the targets up on Sat., March 13.
                            Ok,Ok I'll send Arvin to fix the road!!

Comment

Working...
                            X