Off-Brand tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Brand tires?

I found a decent deal on a set of 20" Chevy wheels that have a new set of Roadclaw Himalaya MT tires on them.

Anyone have any experience with these cheaper, off-brand tires?

Last edited by brandon123; 09-24-2018, 09:09 AM.

I'm interested to find out as well. Tires are crazy stupid expensive and I hate dropping a $1k on them for my truck.

Comment

I would not buy any Chinese made tires, but look for some economy line tires made domestically. My local independent tire shop said he would not sell due to balance, road noise, cupping, wear, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
        I'm interested to find out as well. Tires are crazy stupid expensive and I hate dropping a $1k on them for my truck.

These are still in around $1000 a set. Looks interesting but, if I was buying would just stick with name brands.

Comment

Name brand last twice as long. Ive gone the cheap tire route and they never last compared to name brand. Be lucky to get 25K out of off brand.

Comment

I don't believe in putting my family and my life on the line by using a "off brand" tire made in a country that has no value of human life....much less American ones.

There's a reason the saying, "Where the rubber meets the road" exists!

Comment

&$%# cheap tires!!!!!

Comment

I personally wouldn't trust them but I know they sell a lot at Traders Village.

Comment

only way i'd used those cheap chinese tires is if it's just a ranch truck that doesn't see real pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                    only way i'd used those cheap chinese tires is if it's just a ranch truck that doesn't see real pavement.
                    Yep. I had some cheapies on my Blazer but it never saw any pavement.

Comment

I had a set of federals on my 3/4 ton . Tires held up well . Had close to 30k on them and still looked good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I always ran the lesser known brands on my Jeep. Granted it was light so I got a lot of miles out a set but I never had a single issue and were inexpensive..

Comment

I've done both - Haida lasted about 50k miles with no issue. Some Radar Renegades are what I have on there now.

33x12.5x20

Comment

so I had bought a set of the Off brand ( but main brand in that china tire deal) they wore out very fast and would not stay balanced . cupped and I had put new ball joints in alignment was spot on etc .. I end up with Nitto ridge grapplers When I bought they had buy 3 get one free so it saved me a good deal of money.

weight of said vehicle , do you tow etc . I know that for my truck and its ability to tow X weight that some are not rated properly so a main stream tire store will not install them .

With that said I know others that have them and they are doing great . I feel that OC is one of the items with the china tires where its not as good so some may be great and others not so much .

but really the cost of them is not really that much cheaper to be honest . and most big name retailers will not sell of install them for they have known issues.
                            Last edited by HDWRENCH; 09-24-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys...exactly what I needed to hear. I will pass on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X