No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to get me one of them P&Y squirrels. Cool pics. Got a good laugh out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
      This is the Email I recieved.

Last year there was only one target at 40. I believe most ranged from 9-27 yards. I imagine after last year the distance in shots will be greater. If you are looking to go to a 100% professional shoot then this is not for you. The man putting it together is more into having good fellowship with fellow bowhunters and a little competition in the middle of it. This event is put on by the Prarie Valley Baptist Church and if you are concerned you will not recieve any "church Pressure". Last year there was 3 classes. 4 man team score, Individual score, and Youth score.

This is a "heads up" for you bow hunters and men who just want to have a day of great fellowship! Believe it or not but it has been almost a year ago the team made up of Dana Landrum, Chris Fulton, Jacob Deal, and Jody Martin took top prize and bragging rights for the 2010 Fall Season at our 1st Annual PVBC Bow Tournament. Jay Brunett walked away with the bragging rights on the best individual score (155 out of 180). Will these men have a repeat performance and walk off with the bragging rights again or is there someone out there practicing as we speak that will topple them from their first place.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 20 at 8am the 2nd Annual PVBC Bow Tournament will begin. Are you ready?

Within the next week we will be sending out all the details. If you haven't picked up you bow yet, its time to dust it off and get started practicing. If you haven't chosen team members, it's time for that as well. See you on August 20 behind Rex Auten's house where the talking will be over, and the shooting will begin.

Russell Penney is the man putting this together. His Email is rlpenney@gmail.com

I have some attachments I can email if you will send me your email address.
      Is there a minimum age restriction?

Comment

Last year there was some young ones shootin in the youth division. Since it's a church shoot there probly won't be a minimum.

Comment

More on the game cam. Got bolt hole through both sides. Test fit cam with mockup bolt. Add lock thru the bolt,( went through two drill bits), put a cardboard mockup of lock shield to prevent being cut. More to follow.
          Attached Files

Comment

looking good! i made mine where you screw it into the tree with 4 screws and when you close it and lock it you cant get to the screws. it works really good.

Comment

Cant wait good luck to everybody went and fed sunday morning looks good but my main tree has more yote crap around it then i have ever seen in the 21 years ive hunted that spot

Comment

i hope everyone has a good season

Comment

Same to ya Buckchaser. Hope-n to get another P&Y squirrel here!

Comment

You know Mike we thought you was a gonner for shure that day glad your still around to tell the story. It shure was nice to get out and see some of y'all at the g2g been a while I know Switchback shure wanted to be there somethin about work I couldn't make it out it was real loud and busy soundin in the background.

Comment

I don't know who may be intrested but there is a" Shoot'n for the Cure" on August 27 in cresson its a skeet shoot benifiting Breast Cancer its a 50 dollar entry fee you bring your own shells but they provide drinks and BBQ 2 live bands and auction items Its a really good time I went last year and had a lot of fun just in case yall wanted some practice before dove season starts if anyone is intrested just send me a pm and I can tell ya more about it

Comment

Originally posted by COUNTRY BOY View Post
                        I don't know who may be intrested but there is a" Shoot'n for the Cure" on August 27 in cresson its a skeet shoot benifiting Breast Cancer its a 50 dollar entry fee you bring your own shells but they provide drinks and BBQ 2 live bands and auction items Its a really good time I went last year and had a lot of fun just in case yall wanted some practice before dove season starts if anyone is intrested just send me a pm and I can tell ya more about it
                        If I don't have anything going on I'll shoot at it. Is it a team or singles?

Comment

I went out yesterday and this morning and it's looking good for me. The drought ain't so bad after all.

Comment

Im new to texas, going to school in ft worth, I'm planning on hunting whitney and aquilla this fall. How crowded is it normally?

Comment

Team O. Which lake did u check out? Georgiaboy I have run into some folks out there but all have been courteous and gave a wide berth and some info but for me its never been too crowded. I mostly go during the week and stay out of woods on weekends
                              Enough room for bowhuntin anyway.

Comment

Can i put a lock on in a tree or do i have to take it down and put it up everytime i hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X