Port Aransas Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
    Tx bowhunter, I'm planning on fishing friday morning by kayak if you would like to come along I have 2 extra's. If not and you will only be here for the weekend you are welcome to my yaks. Give me a call we can set something up. 361-222-1152. I live between Aransas Pass and Rockport. I'm off thurs thru sat. But my boy has 2 baseball games sat afternoon. Maybe we could do something sat morning if nothing else.
    Very cool bonehead...very nice gesture. OP, I'd take him up on it if I were you...

Comment

I'll be around the house till 7pm.

Comment

Check out www.corpusfishing.com for some more fishing reports, might help some

Comment

Good luck on your trip. Hope the wind doesn't blow for you. I like Packery better than Port A.

Comment

If the surf is some what calm and the water clarity is ok I would throw and silver spoons or rattle traps. Make sure you use a small wire leader or a 30lbs shock leader for the smacks. Good luck and make sure to take some pictures.

Comment

ttt... looking forward to the fishing this weekend... danny ill call you as soon as i get in town

Comment

Family may be going out of town for the weekend. If so I will be free all day saturday just have to work sunday. I will do a test run on the trout friday should be no problem. If Im free saturday we can fish the flats for reds on topwaters. To me there is no better way to get to known one than the EXPLOSION they will make at a bait on top.

Comment

look for bent poles thats how you can tell if the fish are bitting.

Comment

ground threat,
                    im from corpus and coming home for memorial day and buddy of mine has a boat and we were wanting to hit up some hot spots, not to to familiar with all the hot spots, but any info will help..... thanks partna!

Comment

bonehead, sounds good... im pretty stoked about this trip..

Comment

I fished the jetties last Thursday and Friday and tore them up! Send me an email and give u some details on when where and how. Even got the pics lol. Seriously it was FANTASTIC last week! I'm jealous wish I was going back!!;

Comment

These are from last Thursday and Friday morning at the jetties. Caught a lot more but this is what I kept. Biggest Red was right at 27" and the big speck was about 23 I think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thursday 5-15-09.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	23885867

Click image for larger version

Name:	Friday 5-16-09.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	23885868

Comment

Doug, What did you do catch the jetty boat and go to the north side in the early am. Nice looking mackeral and specks

Comment

That's exactly what I did. I love that place!

Comment

I know when I was younger I stayed many nights on the north jetty shark fishing and caught some monsters my biggest was about 12ft bull. He had a little attitude so we cut the leader close and let him swim.

Comment

Working...
                                X