No announcement yet.

My life changed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent brother just think positive and put it all in the good lords hands and he will take care of you and your wife.

Comment

I guess $3 million was enough to support those poor little kids. Looks like greed got the best of them. Sorry for your situation, but how you could not know over 7 years is amazing to me. Not sure why she didn't stop the abuse either. Sad story indeed.

Comment

I'm sure that there are husbands on this board that do not handle the finances in the home. They just deposit their paycheck and the wife handles the money matters. That was me. This thing hit me from the blindside when Joanna told me what was going on. I never even saw her paycheck.....as it went straight to the bank as well. As this "scheme" as the paper called it, continued to grow larger.....making loans to pay loans...she did take some money for herself and family. She used some to bury her grandmother that had no life insurance.....she used some to help pay her parent's house payments after her dad lost his job. She told me that she had used some money to buy some things here at home....which I promptly had her tell the FBI and they were seized. From what she has told me....the vast majority of that money never left the Credit Union. This whole situation is really messed up. I never said what she did was right. She used very poor judgement and made some very bad decisions....as all of us have at one time or another. And no....divorce is not an option. This woman is my life.....I have forgiven her, as will the Lord. She is paying for what she did and will continue to pay the rest of her life. As of now.....I'm still an emotional wreck. I'm really trying to be strong for her and to keep my head together. I can't express the gratitude that I have for the TBH community and all the support and prayers that have been offered. You guys have really kept me hanging on through this.

Comment

I don't think anyone can possibly tell you what you should do unless they've been in your shoes.

Keep your faith, He will get you through this!

Comment

Prayers sent. I'm sure you already know this, but your letters and consistent visitations will be some of the most important things in her life for now...stay the course, difficult as it may be. Prayers and thoughts will continue for you both.

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

prayers from me and and my family... i wish that i could offer advice but just know that we live for a great and powerful god.. SPEAK to the mountian and command it to be put to past and god will make it happen. Trust in Him with everything you have right noe because your wife needs you right now..

Comment

Whewww. You have quite a load to shoulder right now, but surely you feel the kindred spirit here. Remember the words of Bear Bryant: "Tough times don't last; tough people do."

Comment

Whewww. You have quite a load to shoulder right now, but surely you feel the kindred spirit from the brethren bowhunters. Remember the words of Bear Bryant: "Tough times don't last; tough people do."

Comment

Originally posted by BOHTR View Post
                      I never said what she did was right. She used very poor judgement and made some very bad decisions....as all of us have at one time or another.
                      Hang in there Rick. I'm glad you acknowledged that you do not condone nor did you participate in her actions because a couple of guys seem to be easily and somewhat carelessly hurling stones in your direction. This is obviously a very tough time in your life and you need support as you have gotten here for the most part. Ever since reading your post Friday night, it has had me very "shaken" to think about what you're going through. I can't even imagine. I will continue to pray for you and your wife. Please keep us posted. I'll be in WF Sunday and will be going to FBC for the morning service. If you don't have a church home and would like to come along, let me know.

This woman is my life.....I have forgiven her, as will the Lord.
                      The good news is that He already has if she trusts in Him and has confessed her sins. For each of us, as little or as large as the sins we commit on a daily basis may seem, Jesus paid it all.

Comment

Nice meeting you yesterday, Rick.

Wish we'd had more time to talk. We'll have to get together again soon.

Hang in there and know that you and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers.
                        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

prayers continue.

Comment

'With God all things are possible'. I can't imagine anything tougher than what you are facing other than the total loss of someone you love. Keep in mind that 6 years is not a lifetime and with God's help you and your wife will survive this and enjoy the rest of you lives together. God bless you and strengthen you.

Comment

Rick, I couuldn't read every response that has been posted here, so someone may have already said this. Do not give up, give all this to God, and keep Him first. He may be using your wife to save someone in prison. Prison ministry is an unusual and strange thing for us to think of on the outside, as "brothers of color",(people on the outside). I have seen many people who made mistakes and ended up in prison, come to know Christ there. Some from outsiders and some from Christians placed there for that reason. I'm probably not making sense at this point, but what I'm saying is pray and keep God first. He will heal and help you in this situation. You and your family will be in our prayers.
                              God bless you and your family.

Comment

I sit here alone and feeling very lost. I don’t know what to do or even if I’ll make it through this. I guess a little background is in order. About 8 years ago, my wife made a very poor decision at work. She discovered that one of her employees was embezzling money. This employee was a single mother of 3 little girls that we were very close to my wife and I. They were the children that we could never have. My wife choose not to report her and send her to jail….mainly because of the 3 little girls. I order to cover it all up, she had to make a false loan. Then, when that loan came due, another false loan had to be made, and then another and another, and so on. This whole thing snowballed to the point she couldn’t continue. The stress of it all caused her to have a mild stroke about 9 months ago……..that’s when she spilled the beans to me. I was floored…to say the least. Since then it’s been a whirlwind of Federal prosecutors and FBI and lawyers….it’s been a mess. I could have taken the easy route and hit the road……..but that’s not me. I truly love this woman. 20 years ago, when I said I do….it was for better or for worst. Well, cut to today…….we spent the morning in a Federal courthouse awaiting her sentencing. Her attorney told us to expect no more than 4 years but she was hopeful that it would be much less. She also told us that my wife would be allowed to self report to whatever facility she ended up at. When all was said and done, the judge sentenced her to 6 years in federal prison, and remanded her into custody. I wasn’t even allowed to say goodbye or hug her or anything. I, along with her family, her attorney, and her probation officer, was not prepared for this. They shackled and chained her up and took her away. I have spent the last 23 years….my entire adult life…..with this woman. I don’t know what to do…..I am truly lost. I quess tomorrow will be the start of a very different life for me….One that I hope I can survive. Right now…….I just don’t seem to have much life left in me. Sorry for the long post……but I needed to get this off my chest.

Sorry if this has already been answered but was your wife employed by someone else or was this Her company?

Comment

Working...
                                X