X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      If you are serious about cooking you'll appreciate a "professional" type gas range. What sets them apart from others is typically being able to simmer at very low temperatures and cook at very high temps. Thermador claims to be able to hold a simmer as low as 100 degrees something a common gas wont do.
      True on the low simmer. I cook a lot and enjoy it, my wife calls it my kitchen not hers and yes you can tell the difference between an $800 stove and a $5,000 one. While we're at it, you can tell the difference between a $30 skillet and a $300 skillet too

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
        Heres a couple from when they put the counters in and a couple done. Its not a big kitchen but i love it now!
        Love the kitchen and those counter tops! How did he seal them?

Comment

We have had a U.S. Range for 20 years with zero problems. It has 6 burners, griddle, broiler and 2 ovens. My wife has used it all and is a gourmet cook. There has never been a slice of store bought bread in the house. She cooks a loaf of sandwich bread every week along with other kinds as well as home made rolls, pizza dough and cinnamon rolls. These stoves keep the temps very close to set temps where other stoves fluctuate as much as 75 degrees back and forth on the set temp.

We also have a huge Sub Zero fridge that is nothing but fridge. The freezer in under the island.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wife said they always have service issues with Viking. Use Thermadore most of the time. Wolf/Sub-Zero on most of their $2 mil + houses because people want the name recognition.

Comment

See what consumer reports says

Comment

We have Viking in both of our homes, had the self clean go out on the 15 year old stove, that is about the only problem we ever had. They are expensive but it is what we wanted so we splurged.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  Heres a couple from when they put the counters in and a couple done. Its not a big kitchen but i love it now!
                  dude! love them! awesome

Comment

OP did you ever decide on your range?

I am going to go Houston and visit the Wolf/Subzero/Cove showroom and look at what they have to offer. Interested in an LP range, wall oven, microwave and possibly a built in refrigerator. The boss is tagging along and will say yea or nay.

Comment

I put in Thermador about 8-10 years ago and have been extremely pleased with zero issues. Im building a new home now and putting in Thermador again, I hope they are just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        I put in Thermador about 8-10 years ago and have been extremely pleased with zero issues. Im building a new home now and putting in Thermador again, I hope they are just as good.

This^^^

We had all thermador appliances put in. I have been thoroughly impressed with everything, and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I have looked at Thermador locally and like it. Got a quote for a package. Going to see what Wolf quotes me and might try it for leverage. we'll see.

Comment

I love our Viking has it now 18 years

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              I have looked at Thermador locally and like it. Got a quote for a package. Going to see what Wolf quotes me and might try it for leverage. we'll see.

How do you get quotes

Comment

I have a cabinet and Millwork shop and deal with all of these brands weekly. Our work was on the Thermadore homepage for a while, and we've done showroom work for SubZero/Wolf. Thermadore and Viking are great products, albeit a little funny how they fit at times. Subzero/Wolf are second to none in my opinion. Yes, they are more money, but they are very serviceable, have their own trained technicians and they lead in terms of innovation, style and function. If you make it to one of their showrooms, ask about the pan of chocolate chips and the burner control demo.

Comment

Working...
                                X