“Tank”- #1 hit list Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Tank”- #1 hit list Axis

This protein hog needs to go! We named him “Tank” because he’s huge body wise. Tiny little antlers though!

We also have a couple of whitetail that I’m excited about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank is a head scratcher. How is he so big with nothing for antlers? What he had on his head looks hard horned.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Tank is a head scratcher. How is he so big with nothing for antlers? What he had on his head looks hard horned.
      He’s an anomaly for sure. I’m pretty sure I have pics of him from last year looking exactly the same, we’be called an axis like that “Tank” for years, but they are probably different bucks

Comment

Yep whack em and make steaks out of him!!

Comment

Can't eat antlers anyway good luck on him

Comment

Tank is big but looks like a normal young axis to me. Protein pig then shoot him! Angled pics of pics make their bodies look bigger. Take a straight on pic and post it so we can get a better look at him.

Good looking bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Tank is big but looks like a normal young axis to me. Protein pig then shoot him! Angled pics of pics make their bodies look bigger. Take a straight on pic and post it so we can get a better look at him.

Good looking bucks!
              This^^^

This is what "Tank" will grow into.
              Attached Files

Comment

He's a baby, just muscled up for a yearling. Leave him alone, and he'll grow into a real TANK.

Comment

I've been watching axis deer on our land for a long time, and this is not a yearling. We have some huge axis bucks, and none of them started like that.

Here is a classic example of a yearling spike. And an older buck with the same body size as "Tank"
                  Attached Files

Comment

gonna be some good eaten

Comment

He looks baby-faced in the nighttime pics. But he does look a little older in the daytime pic. If he's not a yearling, he definitely needs to go.

Comment

I'm going to shamelessly use this thread as a plug to show off some of our nice axis we've had over the years

Also the dink yearling at the end just for comparison. (I actually shot him, and he was delicious)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          He looks baby-faced in the nighttime pics. But he does look a little older in the daytime pic. If he's not a yearling, he definitely needs to go.
                          I'm 99% sure he's not a yearling, but he will go nicely with some taters

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              He's a youngin.. Probably 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X