No announcement yet.

Discount Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my nitto ridge grapplers . I have 3500 on them now. backing a dump trailer through mud was easy while everyone else was getting pulled out.
    Discount won't let you down
    Plus they look cool

Comment

I have ridge grapplers on my 2500. I pull a trailer regularly and have been very pleased with them. Main lease road was a disaster this week with logging trucks tearing deep ruts. We had mandatory meeting so lots of traffic. I had no problems, but probably 12-14 trucks stuck over the weekend.

Comment

Every set of Nittos ive bought have done that for the first few weeks then settled out and rode great.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Return them and get some cooper STT.
          Yup. I just slapped some on this weekend. Had them on my last truck and they were great. Ran smooth and quiet for such an aggressive looking tire. Also wore even. Had about 20k on them and still had about half way to go. Great tires.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
            I understand it takes new tires a little time to break in, but 1500-2000 is to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you are going from a straight tread stock tire, to a softer AT tread or MT tread, its never going to feel as sure footed as the stock tires.

A 3/4 or 1 ton isn't meant for off road (At least not diesels), so I would just get used to it or go back to the on road tread. When I went from my AT's to MT's, it took about a thousand miles before I was used to it. If all you do is pull stuff, I would keep the straight tread.

I think discount will charge you for the miles you drove, plus a mark up. Good luck!

Comment

Michelin’s

Comment

I put a set of the ST Maxx on my truck after the K02 I had wore out entirely too fast. I must have got a bad set. Discount never could get them balanced, even with tons of weight. They wobbled like crazy at certain speeds and had a really bad pull to the right. I had the alignment checked twice, road force balanced, turned the tires on the rim, and gave them 1000 miles to break in. One of the techs mentioned they had a couple other trucks recently with similar problems with that tire. The manager at discount offered me a new set for free. I decided to go less aggressive and get the AT3. Haven't had any more issues. Because I went to a different tire, it was $100 for all 4. I figured this was fair, they could have charged me full price for another set.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
                  Got a set of Nittos a couple of weeks ago and have about 900 miles on them. These tires have my truck all over the road (F350) and trying to pull a trailer is a disaster.
                  Gonna head into the store tomorrow and see what my options are.
                  Has anybody else had bought a set of tires they just weren't happy with? What options did Discount offer?

I put Hankooks on my dodge 2500 2 years ago and pulled my camper the same day and it scared me. Two months later I pulled my camper home from the lease and the roads were wet and I was scared to death. Have not pulled it since but if I went camping like we used to I would have went back with Michelins.

Comment

Just made the switch from Nitto's to Coopers...been real happy so far.

Comment

Had the same issue with my SST pros. I even re tightened my lug nuts because it walked so much. Seems fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        What if discount stuck a nail in her tire and left the note?
                        Lol. Then that’s a true company man and deserves a promotion

Comment

Nitto is just a brand name. Their tires are nothing special. But all terrains are going to be a slightly rougher ride than stock street tires because of their tread. Mud tires will be even worse, because of the tread design. Mud tires are known to have some pull to them from side to side because of their design.
                          We have been very happy with the Terra Grapplers on my dad's truck after the stock POS Goodyears lasted less than 10K before bubbling on the sidewall.
                          I personally have Cooper Discoverer RTX (NTB exclusive I believe) and have around 20K on them and you can't even tell I've drove on them. If you watch for deals, you can get them buy 2 get 2 free and walk out the door with 33's for less than $650 with the protection plan on them. I can floor it around corners in the rain and they don't lose traction at all, versus when I had Cooper Adventurer AT tires they would slide if I barely gave the truck any gas going around a corner.

Good luck!

Comment

Had the same thing happen last time I bought tires there. They called it "tread sway". Took them back and they traded them out no problem. Mine was so bad I couldn't drive over 50 mph. It felt like the rear end wasn't even bolted in the truck.

Comment

Full refund issued, went with the K02s. I paid the price difference between the two sets
                              I know the K02s are not getting as good of mileage but they were in stock and getting a set of Coopers was 2 days out, plus another trip up here..........

Comment

QUOTE=Capt.Brown; Michelin’s

Michelin LTX A/T 2 are the best tires I have ever ran on a truck. They are quite.

Comment

Working...
                                X