• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you ask the plumber ?

Comment

Ask the plumber, I bet he will know

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        I’ve never owned a house with pipes in the attic until this one I am in now. Cold water in the summer is hot for a bit... seems longer than it should be.
        Yeah. I can take a shower with the water on full cold and be done before it gets cold.

Comment

I didn’t read all the replies...

If your attic isn’t insulated and it’s 100+ drgrees then the water in your pipes are 100+ degrees. Low flow fixtures can take a while to move enough water to get the hot stuff out.

Also depending on your source..some water comes out of the ground hot. Here locally our water is ran through a cooling tower after it’s pumped out of the ground.

Comment

Plumber

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Why don't you ask the plumber ?
            Pretty smart guy!!!Maybe I’ll ask the plumber
            Last edited by southtx; 08-04-2018, 08:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

The city might have shallow mains and absorbing the heat

Comment

I’ve never owned a house with pipes in the attic until this one I am in now. Cold water in the summer is hot for a bit... seems longer than it should be.
                Mine are ran 8n the attic and I do not have this problem

Comment

Attic lines are always hot...during summer and especially along south and west walls. I get this as a maintenance issue fairly often. You gotta figure there are several gallons of water in the attic pipes...so you gotta run several gallons to flush the hotwater out and let the cold water in.

This will be an issue/idiosyncracy for the life of the home. You can make sure your pipes are in pipe foam, blown insulation is high in R value...38-42, the pipes are beneath the blown insulation, and you have adequate to superior air flow in the attic. Do not stuff your attic full of storage and expect good air flow. Many new houses I see being built have inferior air flow and only rely on passive air flow...solution...install an attic vent fan with a thermostat. There are many good solar powered vent fan options available.

Comment

The "cold" water in my locker room at work is so hot it stays on the cold side.I've never taken a shower w/o hot water before.I'm thinking it's just the weather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas........

Welcome to the land of Hot and Warm running water.

Comment

Working...
                      X