No announcement yet.

Ever seen an albino rattlesnake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the woods!!!

Beautiful snake though

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      Didn’t you post that a few years back? Seems familiar?
      Yeah.. it was a few years ago. Man, i didn't even know it was a rattler when i saw it, it was much darker than the picture seems.. didn't see the rattles till i looked at the pic back at camp.. i had never seen or heard of one before then. Thought diamondbacks were the only dangerous snakes we had out there

Comment

Quite a few in SE NM and in west Texas. They are the best looking rattles IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
          Yeah.. it was a few years ago. Man, i didn't even know it was a rattler when i saw it, it was much darker than the picture seems.. didn't see the rattles till i looked at the pic back at camp.. i had never seen or heard of one before then. Thought diamondbacks were the only dangerous snakes we had out there
          Cool snake and cool pics!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
            In that area you're not far from where you could get into Mojave,Prairie and Massasauga Rattlesnakes. You'd be more likely to encounter Black Tailed,Rock and Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes. I'm sure there's Copperheads and Coral Snakes there too.

Comment

Ever seen an albino rattlesnake?

We killed this one in west Texas, southwest of Sonora

Comment

I've seen pure white rattlers at a pet store, but not in the wild.

Comment

I have a friend that owns a pet shop here and he would go to el paso area and west into south arizona looking for these Banded Rock Rattlers. Different mountain ranges will have slightly different colors too. He had a bunch up here and they are really pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                    I've seen pure white rattlers at a pet store, but not in the wild.
                    Who in the world would have one of those as a pet

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                      Who in the world would have one of those as a pet
                      I don't know who in the world would have any snake other than a venomous one living in their home. How manly is it when you hear a grown man say "Hey man,you wanna come see my garter snake eat a gold fish?"

I'd rather one of my buddies say "Hey you wanna come drink a beer and watch Satan, my pet Water Moccasin kill and eat a mouse?"....Guess which one I'm more likely to go take a gander at?

Comment

Its a Rock Rattlesnake ,Crotalus lepidus is its scientific name. This picture was posted by the Trans Pecos branch of TPWD last week,taken at one of the state parks in the Trans Pecos region. Very cool looking rattler

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          I don't know who in the world would have any snake other than a venomous one living in their home. How manly is it when you hear a grown man say "Hey man,you wanna come see my garter snake eat a gold fish?"

I'd rather one of my buddies say "Hey you wanna come drink a beer and watch Satan, my pet Water Moccasin kill and eat a mouse?"....Guess which one I'm more likely to go take a gander at?
                          Its illegal to have a venomous snake in Texas without a herpatologist license. Those are ones studying them, milking venom to be used as antivenom, cuz shelf life on antivenom is very short

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                            Its illegal to have a venomous snake in Texas without a herpatologist license. Those are ones studying them, milking venom to be used as antivenom, cuz shelf life on antivenom is very short

So how do you get around that law keeping them alive for a rattlesnake roundup? If they're in your possession and alive wouldn't that technically be against the law?

Comment

They used to have a solid white pink eyed one at the Hoston Zoo.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                                So how do you get around that law keeping them alive for a rattlesnake roundup? If they're in your possession and alive wouldn't that technically be against the law?
                                There is special licenses for that,and they are trying to get the round ups (like the big one is Sweetwater) banned. The gas they use to get the snakes outta the den,are causeing some ecological issues to other wildlife as well

Comment

Working...
                                X