Replacing seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing seat covers

I’ve got a 2001 F250 whose leather has seen better days. 5 years ago the perforated leather started getting small cracks so I simply got some good quality neoprene covers. A few weeks ago the stitching started coming undone in a spot. I don’t want to ruin the seats by doing nothing. I’ve gone to a local auto upholstery shop in Santa Fe,and he told me it’ll be $600 a seat for him to replace them. He did say that he’ll install replacement leather covers if I buy them for $100 labor. This is for the front seats, the rest are in good shape.

I went to my Ford dealer and found out that Ford has deemed the an “obsolete part”. That said, I’ve started looking online for them. I’ve seen them priced all over the place. eBay had seat bottoms for $135 and backs for $200 per seat. Theseatshop.com has them for $800 for both seats and Lseats.com has front set for $299.

Has anyone here had to go through this? I don’t want to screw myself over by cheaping out, but also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

I have the same truck with the same exact issue. I was leaning towards duct tape and Carhardt seat covers, but I'd sure like an economical way to fix the leather.

Comment

Katzkins used to be widely recommended. A little pricey, but look really nice. But from what I can tell, probably not available for a 2001 truck. katzkin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
        I’ve got a 2001 F250 whose leather has seen better days. 5 years ago the perforated leather started getting small cracks so I simply got some good quality neoprene covers. A few weeks ago the stitching started coming undone in a spot. I don’t want to ruin the seats by doing nothing. I’ve gone to a local auto upholstery shop in Santa Fe,and he told me it’ll be $600 a seat for him to replace them. He did say that he’ll install replacement leather covers if I buy them for $100 labor. This is for the front seats, the rest are in good shape.

I went to my Ford dealer and found out that Ford has deemed the an “obsolete part”. That said, I’ve started looking online for them. I’ve seen them priced all over the place. eBay had seat bottoms for $135 and backs for $200 per seat. Theseatshop.com has them for $800 for both seats and Lseats.com has front set for $299.

Has anyone here had to go through this? I don’t want to screw myself over by cheaping out, but also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?
        https://leather-auto-seats.com/ Richmond auto

Comment

Bought a set of kryptek at academy, 59.95 each and they fit like a glove. 3 piece if you have a head rest. What I like is the back and Seat have a sewn in piece like a rod that extends thru to back of seat thru crack and brother they don't move.

Comment

I used the Richmond auto for the seats in my 02. I think I got the leather off of eBay. Way more expensive than it seems like it should be but it came out looking pretty good. Not a 100% match to stock but being 16 year old leather you can only get so good.

Mine were the perforated leather as well which made it harder to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

have you looked at marathon?

Comment

Richmond are around $800 uninstalled, but they are in Houston. Close is a plus. Marathon are made to go over my existing covers, I need replacement covers.

Comment

I used these guys. Happy with 'em

Browse our wide range of seat covers at The Seat Shop. From car seat covers to truck seat covers, we have the perfect options to suit your needs.

Comment

You might check with LKQ. They are salvage parts national. May be able to get a whole seat with good leather. No idea on pricing though.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in the same boat. Just bought a 2003 F250 & drivers seat is worn out. I just want some slip over covers. (7.3 is a beast)

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                      have you looked at marathon?
                      Thanks. I just checked out Marathon. I was about about to order some Neoprene covers from CoverKing but I think I like Marathon's Cordura material better.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                        Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in the same boat. Just bought a 2003 F250 & drivers seat is worn out. I just want some slip over covers. (7.3 is a beast)

Thanks. I just checked out Marathon. I was about about to order some Neoprene covers from CoverKing but I think I like Marathon's Cordura material better.
                        I’ve had neoprene seatcovers from Wet Okole for over 5 years in my 7.3 and would recommend them to anyone. Whenever I get some new covers these will be given away. Still in decent shape.

Comment

Working...
                        X