No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs have been killed out too. I killed the last one in 2006. Switchback helped me drag it out.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Scored 141. That's his first buck on public land. I told him it might be a few years before he gets another one like that. I know guys that have hunted there 20+ years and haven't killed anything that big.

Comment

That’s an amazing buck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
          Had a doe and babies come in at 730. Tried to get a shot on momma but she saw me draw and headed for cover while the little ones ate. That's all the action for today.expected to see more. Gonna sit it out another hour or so and call it a day.

Big mistake. Shoulda stayed put.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Hogs have been killed out too. I killed the last one in 2006. Switchback helped me drag it out.

Yep and I don’t know if there are even any fish left.

Comment

Anyone seeing movement today,so far nothing here...Ducks must be good they shooting like crazy on the lake

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Whad ya get Storm?

An old alumacraft should be great for chasing some fish.

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                  Anyone seeing movement today,so far nothing here...Ducks must be good they shooting like crazy on the lake
                  You might be hearing a lot of shooting because the second dove season started yesterday. Ducks generally don't move in the early evening. But sometimes do right at sundown there.

Comment

Cstrey, heck of a nice buck for you brother. Congratulations to him on that on, especially being his first public land buck. If you don’t mind sharing, about what time did he shoot it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                      Cstrey, heck of a nice buck for you brother. Congratulations to him on that on, especially being his first public land buck. If you don’t mind sharing, about what time did he shoot it?
                      He shot it just before dark. The deer haven't been moving until very late in the evenings. In my experience hunting the public land, movement is usually better in the mornings if you can get in without bumping them. It's much easier to track them also. Took us over 2 hours to go 200 yards in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        Big mistake. Shoulda stayed put.
                        I sat til 1:30 didn't see a thing. Would've loved to pull another all day sit, but I had things to take care of at home. That's probably my last hunt there til doe and spike weeks. Looks like my buck chasing is over for Whitney this year. Kinda depressing, but it is what it is. Hopefully they will cooperate next year. I was drawn for Benbrook first 2 weeks of January so I'll be after a big one there, and holiday plans will keep me outta the woods till then. Good luck to everyone still in the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                          I sat til 1:30 didn't see a thing. Would've loved to pull another all day sit, but I had things to take care of at home. That's probably my last hunt there til doe and spike weeks. Looks like my buck chasing is over for Whitney this year. Kinda depressing, but it is what it is. Hopefully they will cooperate next year. I was drawn for Benbrook first 2 weeks of January so I'll be after a big one there, and holiday plans will keep me outta the woods till then. Good luck to everyone still in the hunt.
                          Sorry to hear you haven’t been able to make the harvest you wanted. Sounds like you have put in your time this year. Give you respect for making all day sits and traveling to/from DFW on top of it. Wears me out sitting all day and I don’t have the long drive. I will be back at it tomorrow after I finish processing the buck I took last week. Narrows my focus now on the Hill side, as my buck was in Bosque. More of a challenge now as most of my spots were on the Bosque side.

Comment

Nice whitney buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                              Sorry to hear you haven’t been able to make the harvest you wanted. Sounds like you have put in your time this year. Give you respect for making all day sits and traveling to/from DFW on top of it. Wears me out sitting all day and I don’t have the long drive. I will be back at it tomorrow after I finish processing the buck I took last week. Narrows my focus now on the Hill side, as my buck was in Bosque. More of a challenge now as most of my spots were on the Bosque side.
                              Congrats on the buck. Got any pics? I understand if you don't want to post them, I was just wondering if it might be one I've been getting pictures of. I hunt some private land near public on the Bosque side and a few bucks have disappeared recently.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                                My brother killed the last deer at Whitney this week. Nothing left but hogs and squirrels
                                Wow. Good buck

Comment

Working...
                                X