Muzzle break recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a muzzle break recommendation for my wife's 6.5 creedmoor. It's the Ruger American Predator. She says it kicks a litte more than she's used to. I can't tell the difference but "happy wife happy life"! So whats a good one that's not over priced?

Bump.

Comment

Invest in a suppressor, muzzle brakes are hard on the hearing. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        x2

Comment

But, I have heard good things about these. If the suppressor is out of the question.

I also found this:

This post summarizes the results for the recoil tests ran on 20+ muzzle brakes using 6mm and 6.5mm test rifles. To see the full line-up of muzzle brakes tested, check out this post. The recoil data was collected using high-speed, high-resolution force sensors. For more info on the test equipment and how the data was ...
          Last edited by Chad C; 11-17-2016, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Don't brake it do the stock fill

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              X3

Comment

I have a Hart break on mine and love it ! it's loud but they make a fine one Pm me if you need any info.

Comment

APA Little *******, does a great job of reducing recoil.

Comment

You could consider putting it in a boyds stock. It'll add some weight and you can order with a customized butt pad.

Then you can epoxy the lugs in and it's essentially bedded

Comment

I'm running JP break.
                      Suppressor for a 6.5. SMH... you'll still need earplugs. As one who hunts next to a guy running a 6.5 Grendel. The Creedmoor is a lot faster/ louder.

Comment

Lol, yep... I run a suppressor on my creedmoor.

It reduces felt recoil and muzzle blast as well as decreased noise. A brake reduces recoil and increases noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Chad C; 11-17-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Done right muzzle brakes can be very effective on taking felt recoil away. I have a bunch of different types on various rifles. They can be used as thread protectors as well. I have a 30-378WBY Improved that has a KDF style brake on it and it almost pulls away from you at the shot, it's simply amazing on how effective it is.

The are gill type brakes/ports are getting to be popular but the old standbys like Vais and KDF styles have holes all the way around them.

I bought a 300 WBY off a member here a couple of weeks ago and I think I will try to make a brake tonight, thread the barrel and try it out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                            I'm running JP break.
                            Suppressor for a 6.5. SMH... you'll still need earplugs. As one who hunts next to a guy running a 6.5 Grendel. The Creedmoor is a lot faster/ louder.
                            How much experience do you have with suppressors? Not trying to call you out, but I shoot a 6.5 Creed on steroids....6.5 WSM, about 20 more grains of powder and about 500 more fps. I run a can on it and shoot without plugs anytime I'm not on a public range. I only war ear pro to protect me from others' guns, mine are all hearing safe with the silencer and they sound awesome! Especially when the bullet impacts steel or a critter way out there. It's like Crack.....tssssssssWHAP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rifle accurizing, Muzzle Brakes, Glass Bedding, CNC barrel threading and chambering. for over 200 Cartridges!

Comment

Working...
                              X