Thoughts and opinions on X-sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really debating on buying the X-sight 5-18.. Before I purchase it I would like to hear from people that have it. Does it work like it should? How is the night vision and any problems with any of the functions that it says it offers? Thanks in advance

I have the 3-12. For the most part it works good. It can get buggy at times and have to be rebooted.

The illuminator that comes with it is good for 75-100 yards at least for my eyes.

I would not get the 5-18 unless all your shot will be over 100 yards. I use mine in my bow blind sometimes and even on 3X the field of view is small.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I have the 3-12. For the most part it works good. It can get buggy at times and have to be rebooted.

The illuminator that comes with it is good for 75-100 yards at least for my eyes.

I would not get the 5-18 unless all your shot will be over 100 yards. I use mine in my bow blind sometimes and even on 3X the field of view is small.
      I wouldn't say all my shots would be further than 100yds but if something walks out 200-250yds I would really like to have the power to see it pretty clear with the higher power. But the big question is, is it worth the money?

Comment

Only 1 person? I know more people than that have to have this scope

Comment

I bought one and it was absolute junk. The mounts were crooked and I couldn't get it to hit within a foot of where it was supposed to at 50 yards. It locked up several times while playing with it and had to be rebooted. It would go through a set of batteries in less than 45 minutes. Needless to say I got my money back on it. This was a year ago so maybe they've got some of the bugs worked out but I'll never consider buying another one. A friend who bought his at the same time returned it as well. He bought the photon and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by mix View Post
            I bought one and it was absolute junk. The mounts were crooked and I couldn't get it to hit within a foot of where it was supposed to at 50 yards. It locked up several times while playing with it and had to be rebooted. It would go through a set of batteries in less than 45 minutes. Needless to say I got my money back on it. This was a year ago so maybe they've got some of the bugs worked out but I'll never consider buying another one. A friend who bought his at the same time returned it as well. He bought the photon and loves it.
            Thanks for the review. I'm still looking into it.. On both my .270 and .308 I have the split scope mounts so I would have to put a picatinny rail on for me to use.. And have no idea on how to swap those over

Comment

Working...
            X