EMT or First responder's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
    Yeah, the use a tourniquet and lose a limb is old school thought. Now, especially stateside when you can get to a hospital within hours, they can safely remove the tourniquet and not worry about losing the limb. Also, a little odd, but I always carried a few tampons on mission. They are super light and don't take much space at all, and work pretty well to plug up gunshot wounds when you've used up all tourniquets and bandages and whatnot.
    Something I woulda never thought of carrying but sure makes a lot of sense

Comment

Super Glue. Have you seen this? Just approved by the FDA for civilian use.

Comment

Betadine, Epi, Solucortef, Benadryl injection, ambu bag

Comment

Hot and cold packs. Irrigation solution. N-95 mask and safety glasses. Cheap mechanics gloves or leather. Roll of paracord. maybe an adjustable c-collar if it fits in

Comment

Baby asprin and meat tenderizer (for stings)

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
              Tourniquet
              Back in the day it was a last resort but studies have shown it is a go to product to control bleeding on major trauma and amputations and other situations when used properly.
              Make sure you know how to use one properly though.
              We carried them in the army and still carry them on the fire truck and ambulance.
              Nailed it

Comment

Absolutely add a few tourniquets. Also, if your Quick Clot is in powder/granual form, I'd highly recommend updating to newer stuff. Quick Clot Combat Gause is pretty awesome stuff. It's the newer formula of the clotting agent that doesn't cause severe flesh burns and is infused into gause. Just remove from the package and start packing the wound as far as you can stuff it in there. Then, put an Israeli bandage over it.

Comment

Get rid of Quick Clot- tourniquet in a must- tampons work for bad nose bleeds as well. Scrap the stitch kit and get a staple gun (easier and faster to do to yourself).

Comment

Originally posted by APDBrad View Post
                    Super Glue. Have you seen this? Just approved by the FDA for civilian use.

https://youtu.be/yVrwvMxFx1g
                    Holy chit. For $100 per syringe I'll stick to my quick clot. lol

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                    Hot and cold packs. Irrigation solution. N-95 mask and safety glasses. Cheap mechanics gloves or leather. Roll of paracord. maybe an adjustable c-collar if it fits in
                    My bag has lots of para chord, shooting gloves, mechanics gloves, extra mags for pistol and rifle, knifes, lights, fire sources, things like that.
                    Good call on safety glasses, I have a few 95 masks in there already. C-collar would be nice but I don't think I have enough room and if the injury is that bad I'm not moving the person just going to try to stabilize them while med professionals are on the way.

Originally posted by geauxgruene View Post
                    Baby asprin and meat tenderizer (for stings)
                    Please explain tenderizer.

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                    Absolutely add a few tourniquets. Also, if your Quick Clot is in powder/granual form, I'd highly recommend updating to newer stuff. Quick Clot Combat Gause is pretty awesome stuff. It's the newer formula of the clotting agent that doesn't cause severe flesh burns and is infused into gause. Just remove from the package and start packing the wound as far as you can stuff it in there. Then, put an Israeli bandage over it.
                    Its the gauze type 50g ones. Powder I used once and it was windy, complete nightmare.

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Get rid of Quick Clot- tourniquet in a must- tampons work for bad nose bleeds as well. Scrap the stitch kit and get a staple gun (easier and faster to do to yourself).
                    Why? I have Quick Clot brand and celox. I cant imagine not having any Hemo agent in my bag. I do need a staple gun but I'll keep the suture kits too.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                      When I was at the Sheriff's Office I was given a good trauma capable medical kit. I was able to keep it when I left but between 4 years of hunting, camping, and working at the ranch, along with expiration dates. It's getting pretty depleted.

I am restocking it now, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

A large assortment of bandages, gauze, tape, compression wraps, SAM splints, Israeli bandages, quick clot, CPR masks, nitrile gloves, msc scissors, lights, tweezers, hemostats, irrigation syringes, suture kits (for me and family only, not getting sued), lidocaine, airway kit, wound closure strips, a couple of chest seals, a stethoscope and manual blood pressure cuff, burn creams, sting relief creams, triple antibiotic, A&D ointment, bite kits, Advil, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, midol, glucose tabs, syringes, a few space blankets, candles, mirrors, and other small odds and ends.

Anything missing?
                      cold and hot packs, mass truma, coflex bandage, vasoline, med tape,
                      Last edited by LWArchery; 12-17-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                        I do need one of those. I have always said I can just use a belt or a strap of of the bag. But they are cheap enough I need to just buy one and add it.
                        You can also use that BP cuff. Not going to be useful for anything else anyway.

Comment

ammonia swabs for stings

Comment

Oral glucose.... we have an older diabetic that hunts with us. He has had a few episodes so I carry a tube in my hunting bag now.

Comment

Didn't know they were $100 a pop oops...yep shoving some gauze in that pal sorry lol

Comment

Hoythitman,
                                The meat tenderizer has enzymes that help break down tissue and counter the toxins and whatnot in the sting.

And with the quick clot, the kind of sandy like stuff that you pour on the wound can cause burns and has to be scraped out by the doc when you make it to a hospital. I think I saw someone mention combat gauze in the thread, that stuff is good to go. Has hemostatic agent in the gauze and you just pack that stuff in there right and cover with like an israeli bandage.

More so than stuffing a bunch of first aid stuff bought online into a pack, is really recommend people take some kind of medic or first aid course or get with someone who can teach them. That way if you truly understand how to use everything and what it's for, you can also improvise and use other stuff to accomplish the same thing. I've made a chest seal out of a chip bag. Stuff like that.
                                Last edited by Iehooligan11b; 12-17-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X