Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default 2019 College Football- Week 14

Rivalry Week...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Chad C
Pope & Young

Texas opened at -9, they'll win at home to go 7-5. Exactly where the analytics had them pegged to finish.

Last edited by Chad C; 11-25-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Hook'em Horns
doghouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #4
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

LETS GEAUX!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #5
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

What a glorious week this shall be for Tiger fans!
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

Gig ‘Em Ags and Go Hokies!

If Va. Tech beats UVA this week, they will play Clemson in the ACC championship. Turned their season around for sure.
SoTXAg06 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Catarina, TX

Well here’s to hoping we can score some points to try and keep it respectful in Louisiana!
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:36 AM   #8
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Good luck with another signature loss and keep beating down the teams that are having a down year. Rah Rah Rah
.243 WSSM is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #9
BitBackShot
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Llano County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 160class View Post
Well here’s to hoping we can score some points to try and keep it respectful in Louisiana!
If you've never been to an LSU night game, it's a beating. I'm married to a swamp kitty and have been numerous times.

Far and away the best(worst & most hostile) environment you'll ever see the Ags play in. They make Tech fans look civilized.

Keep your fingers away from their mouths and you should be okay as long as a stray racoon or possum doesn't make it's way into the stadium. If that happens, find high ground to avoid the rush asap.
BitBackShot is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Texas opened at -9, they'll win at home to go 7-5. Exactly where the analytics had them pegged to finish.
I saw it open at -10.5 which is shocking considering how bad Texas has looked the last couple of weeks.

Iowa State, Baylor, and TCU were the swing games for this team and they went 0-3. I thought they would go 2-1 in those games for a 9-3 finish and a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. Disappointing season as the team has not progressed through the season.

Changes are coming, but I am confident in the leadership of CDC. I think its a quick coaching fix to get it back on track.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #11
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I saw it open at -10.5 which is shocking considering how bad Texas has looked the last couple of weeks.

Iowa State, Baylor, and TCU were the swing games for this team and they went 0-3. I thought they would go 2-1 in those games for a 9-3 finish and a spot in the Big 12 Championship game. Disappointing season as the team has not progressed through the season.

Changes are coming, but I am confident in the leadership of CDC. I think its a quick coaching fix to get it back on track.
What if the HC is the issue? It sure seems to be. OC? Isn't Herman calling the plays?
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #12
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Catarina, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitBackShot View Post
If you've never been to an LSU night game, it's a beating. I'm married to a swamp kitty and have been numerous times.

Far and away the best(worst & most hostile) environment you'll ever see the Ags play in. They make Tech fans look civilized.

Keep your fingers away from their mouths and you should be okay as long as a stray racoon or possum doesn't make it's way into the stadium. If that happens, find high ground to avoid the rush asap.
Oh I won’t be anywhere near that game, I’ll be in Catarina hunting and watching it on TV. I just know how mad LSU is from last year and hope we can keep it respectful and keep getting better as a team.
160class is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #13
Casey
Administrator

Hunt In: Frio, Blanco Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
What if the HC is the issue? It sure seems to be. OC? Isn't Herman calling the plays?
I can't believe Tom Herman is getting a pass on here from some of the horns. What about this says he's not culpable? What did he have to say about being out coached after Baylor given he proclaimed he wasn't out coached after ISU?

I think the Ags will hang with LSU this weekend. LSU is good, though.

Here is an excerpt from an email from a co-worker whose daughter is an athletic trainer at Alabama. He attended the Bama A&M game while he was in Texas for some meetings:

Quote:
Here’s a picture of my daughter (Kate) and I before the game. She says she likes to come to A&M as well because people are friendly and nice and when they roll in with the team buses they’re not "mooned”, or the buses shaken by rowdy fans like she sees at LSU…..
Casey is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #14
Chad C
Pope & Young

I didn't see the game or the post game, but I heard he said the buck stops with him and he's not doing a very good job. He's protecting his guys now.

I'm sure today we will hear that winning is hard and let's go 1-0 versus Tech.

The stats for the game or strange based on outcome.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:19 PM   #15
Budman68
Ten Point

The Aggie corps might want to bring their wooden guns to the game for protection. This one will get ugly. Joe B will be ****** off....
Budman68 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #16
eradicator
Pope & Young

Frogs picked up a commitment from a 4 star OL today. Welcomed surprise. I know BoB, this is not the recruiting thread But any good news these days is only thing I can hang my hat on...
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #17
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
Then he will get fired and they hire a new one. I think Herman needs to give up control of the offense and hire a capable OC. This would free him up to be the HFC and allow him to oversee the whole program (Defense, Special Teams, etc). He wasn't supposed to be calling plays, but the lack of offense lead him to that. He should have made changes to the OC before it got to this point. The book is out on Herman and his staff is to weak to make adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I can't believe Tom Herman is getting a pass on here from some of the horns. What about this says he's not culpable? What did he have to say about being out coached after Baylor given he proclaimed he wasn't out coached after ISU?

Herman came back and clarified his statements saying that anytime you get beat, you got out coached. After Baylor, he said the buck stops with him and he had done a poor job. I never take what coaches say to the media to heart as most of it is fluff or coach speak.

I am not giving him a pass. I am not ready to fire him and move on (unless there is a stud HFC out there ready to step in and there is only one available, but I am not sure Texas can get approval to hire him) if he makes substantial changes to his staff. I read that Alabama had 5 coaches in 10 years before Saban, so you just have to find the right guy and there is no exact science to it.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #18
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Clarified is one word you could use... changed is another.
Both are usually used under pressure.
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #19
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

For the first time in a while the offense is the liability. We aren't gonna be able to score with LSU, I think they win by 17 or more. Hope I'm wrong but most of the time I'm right!
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #20
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post

I think the Ags will hang with LSU this weekend. LSU is good, though.

Here is an excerpt from an email from a co-worker whose daughter is an athletic trainer at Alabama. He attended the Bama A&M game while he was in Texas for some meetings:

Apathy......again.

Call me when it's fixed, Saturdays in the fall are too valuable to waste.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #21
systemnt
Pope & Young

Wrong thread.. tappycrap error
Old 11-25-2019, 01:19 PM   #22
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I'm beyond ******. He get's one more year. Anything less than a legitimate 10 win regular season and he should be ran out of town. That head butting thing was retarded. His own players were looking at him like he had lost his mind.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #23
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

LSU fans like Saints fans can be and are usually very hospitable. Rub them the wrong way and the fangs will come out. It will not take much Saturday for the latter. Many like myself have had this one circled on the calendar since the clock hit zero last season. Even more-so than the Bama game. Not so sure I would try to crash any Tiger tailgate parties wearing ATM gear

Last edited by Bayouboy; 11-25-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #24
systemnt
Pope & Young

Old 11-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #25
flatlander
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
LSU fans like Saints fans can be and are usually very hospitable. Rub them the wrong way and the fangs will come out. It will not take much Saturday for the latter. Many like myself have had this one circled on the calendar since the clock hit zero last season. Even more-so than the Bama game. Not so sure I would try to crash any Tiger tailgate parties wearing ATM gear
I think the rubbing has already been done.

And I'm sure they all have a 'special' pot of gumbo for anybody in maroon.
flatlander is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #26
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wharton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
The Aggie corps might want to bring their wooden guns to the game for protection. This one will get ugly. Joe B will be ****** off....

Why would Burrow be ******? Shouldn’t he be focused on a natty at this point? I mean last year wasn’t his fault. He put up 72 points.

Pin Oak DXT is online now   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #27
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post

So you are content with analytics? Surely nobody saw a dog fight to prevent going 6-6. If an Aggie said this y’all would never live it down

Old 11-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #28
Heath
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'm beyond ******. He get's one more year. Anything less than a legitimate 10 win regular season and he should be ran out of town. That head butting thing was retarded. His own players were looking at him like he had lost his mind.
No doubt. His leash is short next year and I agree its probably 10 wins. He is either going to have to cut his buddies loose or he's going down in the ship with him. I have zero confidence in this coaching staff as it exist today.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #29
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Why would Burrow be ******? Shouldn’t he be focused on a natty at this point? I mean last year wasn’t his fault. He put up 72 points.

Could it be the melee after the game and some of very questionable calls? Just maybe?
Old 11-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #30
jer_james
Pope & Young

Buckeyes fell off a little bit after coming out on fire in the first half - Chase Young is the best player in the country by a fairly large margin.

Texas has a Coach. They're just not that good. Haven't been in a while.
jer_james is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #31
Budman68
Ten Point

Quote:

He probably should, but I feel the game got personal for both the team and fans. The hangover and bad taste lasted for weeks.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #32
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Pretty confident the Aggie corp will be just fine without their 'wooden' guns.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #33
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
That single tooth represents how many wins you have against LSU in close to a decade. And, it will remain that way
Old 11-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #34
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
He probably should, but I feel the game got personal for both the team and fans. The hangover and bad taste lasted for weeks.
Bayooobaw been stewin on it for a year.
Pretty effin glorious.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #35
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
That single tooth represents how many wins you have against LSU in close to a decade. And, it will remain that way
Is that win the one you circled and foamed at for a year?

Worth it.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:02 PM   #36
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Weeks? It is still going in. Everywhere I went in New Orleans it was littered with purple. They are still talking about it. Not the Bama win. But, this upcoming game.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #37
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Could it be the melee after the game and some of very questionable calls? Just maybe?

What melee? The one that was fabricated? I repeat how was Burrow wronged and doesn’t he have a big prize in sight? That game didn’t knock y’all out of the playoff last year. Just win 1 of the next 2 games and y’all are in.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #38
PYBUCK
Ten Point

Hunt In: Upton County

I have my doubts about Texas beating Texas Tech this week. If Tech scores 24 points they will win by 10. If this happens maybe TH will get the boot before he leaves the field. I can only hope. I don't want Texas to lose, but I don't think the coaching staff can out coach a POP Warner coach or get the effort out of the team that it take to win at his point in time.

Time to throw out the trash.
PYBUCK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #39
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Coach O has his team and fans primed perfectly for the fall. I think it’s feasible that LSU loses the next two and is an afterthought in the final playoff discussion. Ags have an opportunity to completely change the narrative for this season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #40
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
So you are content with analytics? Surely nobody saw a dog fight to prevent going 6-6. If an Aggie said this y’all would never live it down

No, but sadly and based on attrition they were 100% correct and it was all based on returning starters percentage.. Much like Vegas they tend to be close, whether fans want to buy into it or not. They pegged the Aggies at 8-4, but thats pretty typical.

I didn't buy into it, but pre season I said I was worried about the road games with Bu, TCU, and ISU. Yet, I still thought they'd go 9-3.

Last edited by Chad C; 11-25-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #41
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

I dont think they will and hope they dont fire TH unless they have a proven stud HC thats ready to come take his place. Not going to get anywhere going through coach after coach every couple of years. Now if you can bring in a proven HC that will do what it takws to get the program where it needs to be...tell TH to go kick rocks and send him on his way. If not force him to fire his crappy OC/DC and make some mucj needed changes.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #42
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Idc if it’s by a million or 1 pt just win the next 4!! An call it a season!

drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #43
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

Put me down in the Ohio State wins the NC category.

I could see it being LSU vs OSU, but LSU's defense is just not elite this year. I could see it costing them in the playoffs.
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #44
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
What melee? The one that was fabricated? I repeat how was Burrow wronged and doesn’t he have a big prize in sight? That game didn’t knock y’all out of the playoff last year. Just win 1 of the next 2 games and y’all are in.

Different people get p’d and motivated for different reasons. Maybe that is his. Pretty certain it is. I am just telling all of you the mentality of how a lot of the fans, players, and coaches feel right now. Believe what you wish. They are p’d and out for revenge.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #45
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Put me down in the Ohio State wins the NC category.

I could see it being LSU vs OSU, but LSU's defense is just not elite this year. I could see it costing them in the playoffs.
Many and most said the same thing about the Bama game
Old 11-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #46
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico

Quote:
Many and most said the same thing about the Bama game
Even you have to admit that Bama made plenty of mistakes for LSU to win that game.

1) Tua fumbled going into the end zone on the tigers 5 yard line untouched
2) Punter fumbled a punt right through his hands
3) Tua threw a bad INT on his own 20 yard line right before end of 1st half, and duh he was hurt man

Alabama's defense isn't on the same elite elite tier it has been in the past either, you gave up 40+ points and managed to win, that's good and all but defense wins championships remember. I just think playing with fire like that might get you burned, but we will see soon. Ohio State's defense is good, and so is their offense. They are a balanced team.

Statistically:
Total D - Ohio state #1, LSU #42
Scoring D - Ohio State #1, LSU #43

Total O - LSU #2, Ohio State #6
Scoring O - Ohio State #1, LSU #2

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 11-25-2019 at 03:45 PM.
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #47
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young

Head Butt Herman taking it to new motivation levels.

Any ideas what he tries this week?

Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #48
RINCON
Ten Point

Quote:
There is no "what if"...Herman is 100% the issue!
RINCON is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #49
Budman68
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Coach O has his team and fans primed perfectly for the fall. I think it’s feasible that LSU loses the next two and is an afterthought in the final playoff discussion. Ags have an opportunity to completely change the narrative for this season.
I guess the Aggies are the new Arkansas of the SEC. That was Arkansas gig during the Les Miles years. And yes, if LSU lost the next two games they would not make the playoffs, it would just push Bama and OU/Utah in. Highly unlikely, but a dreamer has to dream.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #50
Budman68
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Statistically:
Total D - Ohio state #1, LSU #42
Scoring D - Ohio State #1, LSU #43

Total O - LSU #2, Ohio State #6
Scoring O - Ohio State #1, LSU #2
All I see here is one team only played one good team. The other scratched it's way thru the SEC...
Closed Thread