Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    Yes, an OFFENSE. It does not say that it is MURDER. So if I defend myself and I knowingly kill another human, I am going to be charged with murder. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

I think she should pay for her actions, but I dont think it is murder.
    Read the dang link, if you can. That quote is under Section 19.02 the definition of murder.

Comment

Yes, an OFFENSE. It does not say that it is MURDER. So if I defend myself and I knowingly kill another human, I am going to be charged with murder. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

I think she should pay for her actions, but I dont think it is murder.
      You sir would be wrong. Charged perhaps, but not likely convicted if done in self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
        Serious question...Just curious, how do you know it was accidental?

I have no dog in this fight.
        If it wasn't accidental and there was evidence to support that, there wouldn't be any contraversy.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          So someone comes in your house, shoots your daughter when she gets off the couch, he/she didn't commit murder in your eyes? Ya....right....
          First of all, please dont tell me how you think I would react to an incident. You have no idea how I would react, so dont act like you know me and try to tell me how I would react.

Secondly, it would depend on the circumstances. If they were in the commission of another crime, then yes, it is murder. If they came into my house with the intent of killing anyone, then yes, it is murder. If they honestly think it is their house and someone should not be in their house, then it is not murder. It is negligent, but not murder.

I would also have to look at it from an unbiased opinion, which I am not so sure that I could do. Especially if someone took the life of either of my daughters or anyone that I care deeply about.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            If it wasn't accidental and there was evidence to support that, there wouldn't be any contraversy.
            lol the only controversy was that they were trying not to charge her at first even though there was plenty of evidence this was murder.

Justice prevailed. There is no controversy now. The people trying to cover for her have abandoned her.

Apparently only TBH is on her side. Sad really. Read the details. She's a cold blooded murderer.

Comment

I would also have to look at it from an unbiased opinion, which I am not so sure that I could do. Especially if someone took the life of either of my daughters or anyone that I care deeply about.
              Aside from the fact that you are wrong about the definition of murder.

This guy WAS/IS someones innocent son. His life was cut short by no fault other than not latching his door securely. His mom obviously loves him, he was well educated, had a good job and was a productive member of society.

Comment

A lot of the problem arising with the verdict, here, is really bad lawyering. The prosecution built a weird case on the idea that it's impossible that ending up in the guy's apartment was a mistake. That's an absolute absurdity. I have gotten off on wrong floors, approached incorrect cars while texting, and even approached the wrong person in the grocery store because I was half-paying attention.

The question of, 'is it reasonable that this person legitimately thought they were entering their own premises and thereby acted in accordance with what is lawful [under that assumption]?' If the answer to that question is yes, this wasn't murder. Should she get an 'off the hook?' Certainly not - this gentleman had his life taken. But, to armchair QB it and say, 'I would never make the mistake that lead me to this situation' requires a pretty impressive resume of never making this kind of mistake - not to mention self righteousness.

Comment

So was it murder or not?

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                    A lot of the problem arising with the verdict, here, is really bad lawyering. The prosecution built a weird case on the idea that it's impossible that ending up in the guy's apartment was a mistake. That's an absolute absurdity. I have gotten off on wrong floors, approached incorrect cars while texting, and even approached the wrong person in the grocery store because I was half-paying attention.

The question of, 'is it reasonable that this person legitimately thought they were entering their own premises and thereby acted in accordance with what is lawful [under that assumption]?' If the answer to that question is yes, this wasn't murder. Should she get an 'off the hook?' Certainly not - this gentleman had his life taken. But, to armchair QB it and say, 'I would never make the mistake that lead me to this situation' requires a pretty impressive resume of never making this kind of mistake - not to mention self righteousness.
                    You my friend must have issues with all this logic you are speaking. How dare you use rational thinking.

Comment

The doors close automatically. The locks are electronic. Multiple neighbors heard banging on the door and her screaming to open the door.

Then gun shots.

She didn't render aid. She changed her story multiple times and got caught in flagrant lies...

She went up there in a fit of rage and killed him. How anyone can arrive at any other conclusion is bonkers to me.

There is no grey area here. Her story was bogus from the get go.

Comment

Show me a news source. A quote. A newspaper article. Internet site. ANYTHING, that says it was pre-meditated murder. Show me where someone has said she had trouble with this guy before. Dont tell me it is all over the news, because this is the first I have heard of it, along with, I assume, a whole lot of other people on this thread.

Again, show me your source.
                        It dont exist

Comment

Winner

Comment

I disagree. Making the mistake of wrong floor/incorrect car etc isn't what the issue is. Is it KILLING SOMEONE while incorrectly identifying your own home. I lived in apartments for 8 years. I never went to the wrong one. I can understand it though. This is much more about appropriate use of deadly force than it is expecting no one ever to get off at the wrong floor.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              It dont exist
                              scroll up i posted 3 links..

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                                You sir would be wrong. Charged perhaps, but not likely convicted if done in self defense.
                                This guy is lurking...

Coach, I completely see what you are saying...

Comment

Working...
                                X