X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Question:

Says up to 4 can apply on the same card. Does this increase your chances of being drawn, like rack person gets their name in the hat and any one of the four gets drawn the others three get drawn too, or do they just draw cards
    I believe it can actually hurt you. If there's 3 spots left and they draw your card of 4 they toss your card, not make a special exception and add a spot.

Comment

TPWD Drawn Hunts

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      Question:

Says up to 4 can apply on the same card. Does this increase your chances of being drawn, like rack person gets their name in the hat and any one of the four gets drawn the others three get drawn too, or do they just draw cards

Your name can only appear on one card for a certain ranch in a certain hunt category. So its up to you. Your name can be by itself, or with you to three other people. If you apply with others, they use the average of everyone's preference points, so if you have friends with a lot of points, it can help you. But if you have a lot and apply with others who have none, that really hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never done this draw. So, is the a random draw or is it based off of preference points or how many other draws you've signed up for in the past

Comment

Looking forward to it. I really enjoy picking my spots to apply Been drawn once for archery(on the second draw process) gotten lucky on standby. I'll have to check but believe I'm sitting on 6 points in most and never been drawn for the dang gator which people seem to get lucky on alot.

If I can get one draw I'll be thrilled

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            archery deer went down to 4 days instead of 5 at Chap.
            That's where I got drawn. Gotta say I needed more days then the 5 I had lol. Went home with a javi but dang that place is magical
            Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 07-05-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
              Looking forward to it. I really enjoy picking my spots to apply Been drawn once for archery(on the second draw process) gotten lucky on standby. I'll have to check but believe I'm sitting on 6 points in most and never been drawn for the dang gator which people seem to get lucky on alot.

If I can get one draw I'll be thrilled
              I've never been drawn for a **** thing here in my own state, starting to think it's a bait & switch lol. Kids got drawn for youth hog a while back but nothing for me I have 5 or 6 points on everything. I drew Wyoming Antelope 1st and 2nd try (100% so far) and Colorado Elk first try though with no points.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I've never been drawn for a **** thing here in my own state, starting to think it's a bait & switch lol. Kids got drawn for youth hog a while back but nothing for me I have 5 or 6 points on everything. I drew Wyoming Antelope 1st and 2nd try (100% so far) and Colorado Elk first try though with no points.
                Yup...it's a tuff draw. Reading from the senior guys that have been applying since it started my 6 points is nothing. Youth category my oldest nephew goes on a card as well he's sitting on 2 or 3 points in each category hadn't been drawn yet

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                  Yup...it's a tuff draw. Reading from the senior guys that have been applying since it started my 6 points is nothing. Youth category my oldest nephew goes on a card as well he's sitting on 2 or 3 points in each category hadn't been drawn yet
                  I try to pick stuff that's easy to draw, not the popular stuff but I guess doesn't really matter. Then I read on here or the 2cool forum guys drawing multiple deer hunts each season with zero points kinda weird. There were 3 different guys on the other forum last year had multiple draws with no points or I think one guy had 1 point. My Little guy has 5 points across the board on everything Youth, surely he'll get drawn for something this year....

Comment

I used to pick specific dates but now just pick ANY dates. Would that give you a better chance of drawing? We usually change out areas we apply to but I think this year I'm going to just apply to the same hunts I applied last year? Y'all think that would up your odds? Also going to send a donation for the dove hunts. Good Luck to all.

Comment

16 points in numerous categories but I'll donate again this year.

Comment

How can you tell how many points you have? I have applied for a few things in the past, but I don't see where my points are.

Never mind. I found it. It only shows loyalty points for the hunts I applied for this year. I know I have applied for some in the past and I have never been drawn. I guess I lost those points??
                        Last edited by 220swift; 07-06-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Its getting tougher every year...

it seems. However, I drew Sierra Diablo about 5 years ago with no points. Drew Kerr WMA for turkey years ago before the points, but couldn't go due to a death in the family. Drew Kerr WMA for antlerless as a standby and didn't see a single doe, but did kill a coyote.

The number of days available seems to decrease every year. They probably don't want to pay the overtime that it takes to run these hunts.

Comment

Got my applications in. May do some others, but those I will have someone put in with me.

Comment

The demoralizing thing is that, if you look at the number of applications, most have gone up tremendously since the new system was put in place. Alligator used to be a 1:3 odds ratio, but now its more like 1:50. IMHO, they need to go back to only allowing you to apply for one hunt in a category. The other thing that has happened, is the number of standby's has gone way down. This is partly due to the second chance drawings, but it's also them not wanting to deal with standby's.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                The demoralizing thing is that, if you look at the number of applications, most have gone up tremendously since the new system was put in place. Alligator used to be a 1:3 odds ratio, but now its more like 1:50. IMHO, they need to go back to only allowing you to apply for one hunt in a category. The other thing that has happened, is the number of standby's has gone way down. This is partly due to the second chance drawings, but it's also them not wanting to deal with standby's.
                                Well, they apparently didn't listen to any of the hunters feedback about 1-3 choices only, non-residents needing a license, point only option, etc. Once again I have to put in for a few hunts just to keep my points going up but if I actually win I won't be able to go. I think Texas is the only state without a points only option in the U.S. (besides states that don't use points)..

Was hoping for some real changes this year but guess I'll have to keep waiting..
                                Last edited by Deers & Beers; 07-06-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X