No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gfs ordering a 4.6 for my graduation present .quick question just wondering i know i saw someone post this earlier on this thread ,anyone have any luck with the T20 IR lights off ebay and amazon there like 50$ i mean as having it as a addition to using the stock one it comes with think it would be stupid not to buy one ..anyone?

Comment

Wow that was an awesome video!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate them. The next round of Photons should be here within a couple weeks. I talked to Sightmark today and they are expecting to stay on the mid-month delivery schedule. Still no exact date on when to expect the 6.5x Photon XT's. The safer bet is after the SHOT Show, which is the last week in January. It could be before but no one there really knows, they are just saying "probably" January or February.

Also, I'm pretty shocked to say it but my very first ATN X-Sight on backorder has shipped and I'll have it tomorrow. I was told to expect my others to start dribbling in around January or February. I will report back after I get some time to test it out.

- Jason

Comment

Hey Jason. Don't forget to catch up with me sometime this week.
        thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          Wow that was an awesome video!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate them. The next round of Photons should be here within a couple weeks. I talked to Sightmark today and they are expecting to stay on the mid-month delivery schedule. Still no exact date on when to expect the 6.5x Photon XT's. The safer bet is after the SHOT Show, which is the last week in January. It could be before but no one there really knows, they are just saying "probably" January or February.

Also, I'm pretty shocked to say it but my very first ATN X-Sight on backorder has shipped and I'll have it tomorrow. I was told to expect my others to start dribbling in around January or February. I will report back after I get some time to test it out.

- Jason
          I'm excited to see what you think of the X-sight. I saw ultimate night visions videos of it and was pretty impressed. Especially with the day time view.

Comment

hey guys i know someone posted a setup with an external 7" view screen . and i would like to do something similar as my lady wants to be able to sit in the stand with me but i want her to have something to do other than play candy crush on her dang phone so while I'm looking she can to also want to be able to record anyone have any ideas I've seen a bunch of tft lcd dvrs all over amazon and ebay just wondering what u guys have ..
            thinking a 7" or so tft lcd view screen http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Arrival-...3D281514934177 & the Sightmark CVR640 to record .

or something this ..looks like it would work http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aputure-7-TF...item418b98ffa1
            Last edited by txsd1211; 12-02-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
              hey guys i know someone posted a setup with an external 7" view screen . and i would like to do something similar as my lady wants to be able to sit in the stand with me but i want her to have something to do other than play candy crush on her dang phone so while I'm looking she can to also want to be able to record anyone have any ideas I've seen a bunch of tft lcd dvrs all over amazon and ebay just wondering what u guys have ..
              thinking a 7" or so tft lcd view screen http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Arrival-...3D281514934177 & the Sightmark CVR640 to record .

or something this ..looks like it would work http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aputure-7-TF...item418b98ffa1

I use an AngelEye DVR with the 2.5" screen and my son can watch as I scan/shoot and record the session. I also like that if I am by myself I can use the remote control to turn off and on recording while it is in my pocket. Here is a link to the unit I use

Comment

yeah that's the route I think im going to how hows the reliability on it recording have you had any issues. im wanting to have 2 setups one for stationary stands using this
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Car-PC-HDM...3D151330015484 where ill have this mounted using the scew in mount off the wall of the stand using a L bracket ill make a wing nut for easy on and off .
                and use the one posted above for doing stalks and for traveling and so on.
                still for 170$ give or take you have 2 options

Comment

Jason - Check your messages when you get a chance. Thanks

Comment

With all the talk of the screens and cameras, is there any reason that I cant just plug my video camera up to the Photon and view on the camera flip out screen? I hooked them up together last night and I couldnt get it to work, but dont know why not. Im not so techno savy, but shouldnt that work?

Comment

it could be due to settings do you know if you have both AV in and out?
                      im thinking get more bang for my buck and go with a dvr tablet https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Capacitiv...item43d21727da

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMears.com View Post
                        With all the talk of the screens and cameras, is there any reason that I cant just plug my video camera up to the Photon and view on the camera flip out screen? I hooked them up together last night and I couldnt get it to work, but dont know why not. Im not so techno savy, but shouldnt that work?
                        was wondering the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMears.com View Post
                          not all video cameras have AV/IN and that is what you would need to record from the photon to a portable video camera Thats why I went with the angel eye dvr that fit in my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
                            yeah that's the route I think im going to how hows the reliability on it recording have you had any issues. im wanting to have 2 setups one for stationary stands using this
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Car-PC-HDM...3D151330015484 where ill have this mounted using the scew in mount off the wall of the stand using a L bracket ill make a wing nut for easy on and off .
                            and use the one posted above for doing stalks and for traveling and so on.
                            still for 170$ give or take you have 2 options

The recording on it is fine and I find it very easy to use and turn on to auto record with the remote. I would suggest playing with it at home a bit before you go out in the field. The only real issue I have had with mine is the AV cable that comes with the Angel Eyes was cheap and the wire broke. I ordered a much better and longer cable and it has been flawless and allows me more movement with the dvr in my pocket than I had before.

The only negative I have on the Angel Eyes DVR is that it timestamps the recording but I have found that is easily cropped when I edit the movie anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gtexx View Post
                              not all video cameras have AV/IN and that is what you would need to record from the photon to a portable video camera Thats why I went with the angel eye dvr that fit in my pocket
                              Ah, Av/In. Ok, I understand that. Thanks,

Comment

thats why i told ya in the post above to check for AV in and out !.
                                and b1gtexx sound good im sold on it .. my older brother keeps asking me what i want for a graduation gift and the angel eye is what its looking like its gonna be. did you by happen to take a look at the andriod tablet i posted ?
                                Last edited by txsd1211; 12-04-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X