No announcement yet.

how-to build cheap protein feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did mine out of a toilet bowl flange as well. I made it 41 inches off the ground. It was quite easy to build. The great part is the hogs have stamped it with their seal of approval.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MA ELite View Post
      Here's one. If you need more info PM me.
      What happens when it rains?But,you haven't had to worry about that this year

Comment

Heres mine.

Click me

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          I have wondered about these... whats the inside look like? Is there a funnel? Got a pic?
          I don't have a pic, but we made a funnel and turned it upside down on the bottom. You can add some diverters so no feed sits in the dead spots, but we never have put any in ours. I plan to build a couple more of these, they work flawlessly. You will have to stake the legs down, a hog knocked ours over once. If I build one, I will move the legs to the outer edge of the barrel to give it more of a solid base.

Comment

is 36" tall enough or need to be taller for the trough

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
              What happens when it rains?But,you haven't had to worry about that this year
              I drilled drain holes in the bottom. When it has rained, I have not had any problem.

Comment

Here's one for the D-I-Y that I posted a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by MA ELite View Post
                  Here's one. If you need more info PM me.
                  How did you and others attach the down spout to the barrel?? I am going to make one out of a 20 gal pvc barrel. Thanks. (My apologies for bringing an old thread to the top)

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                    How did you and others attach the down spout to the barrel?? I am going to make one out of a 20 gal pvc barrel. Thanks. (My apologies for bringing an old thread to the top)
                    Toilet flange.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Academy has a drop tube for $35 I think. I love it because it’s has a sleeve at the bottom of the drop tube, allows you to move up or down to regulate.

Comment

Academy has a drop tube for $35 I think. I love it because it’s has a sleeve at the bottom of the drop tube, allows you to move up or down to regulate.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	protein feeder 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	24527713

Click image for larger version

Name:	protein feeder 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	24527714

Made my son one out of 4 " PVC and a 4 " PVC toilet flange , Then fiberglassed it all together . Seems to be working good for him .

Comment

This is probably my favorite design for this. I think I will check out what Academy has before I do this, though.

Comment

Cost me around $300 and holds over 1,100 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

judging from the landscape, I'd say you need a big one!

I don't know how to weld, so the other designs on this page may work better for me. I'm thinking of a 55 gallon drum with an interior funnel and exterior pvc bolted on.

I saw the You Tube with Dr. Kroll and Boss Buck feeders. I think I'm going to keep the 4" feed tube 42" from the ground and the legs 40+" apart at feeding height.

Comment

Working...
                                X