No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to try the Pecan grove next trip. Also Like the looks of the ground around #6.

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
      txfirefighter, yea sounds like a plan....i really like below the dam...but you probably been out there more than i have so ill let you choose...what time you wanna meet up .....

crod88, you up to an early sunday as well?
      Thanks for the invite guys but I gotta work. Good luck

Comment

anybody had hunt east from #5?

Comment

Edited bx I posted on the wrong thread.
          Last edited by Hillary; 03-28-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Mayhemsr you got a PM

Comment

Gotta watch the pecan grove. i was down there late last week and ran into a nice little 4 ft jake the snake. he didnt much care for me and I didnt much care for him. Ruined a perfectly good broadhead on him though. hanging his eight rattles off my back porch.

really need to hook up with someone so I can kill something a little more substantial with the bow. Cant go this weekend though. Got Soldiers to train.

Comment

Originally posted by Mels Soldier View Post
                Gotta watch the pecan grove. i was down there late last week and ran into a nice little 4 ft jake the snake. he didnt much care for me and I didnt much care for him. Ruined a perfectly good broadhead on him though. hanging his eight rattles off my back porch.

really need to hook up with someone so I can kill something a little more substantial with the bow. Cant go this weekend though. Got Soldiers to train.
                yup, it's abou that time. last year below the dam were tha rock piles are south of the powerline, me and a buddy counted 14 rattlers on the rocks early one mourning, they were not happy. One of the fisherman said that theres a den along the spillway that has at least 50, i do not go near the spillway rock LOL Good luck

Comment

melssoldier....you in fort hood?....

Comment

well headed out this afternoon for an evening hunt....got on a nice sounder of about 10-20....only about 4 or 5 mature hogs rest were the lil football ones perfect for the barbeque...and one lil itty bitty wilbur piglet...couldnt get a shot before they got under the fence..the piglet got left behind and i watched as it squealed its head off and got itself stuck under the fence...it eventually got thru and headed off into the woods....

Comment

Took a similar piglet with my Tomahawk once. He didn't quiet outrun thses old legs. They eat nice.

Comment

i thought about it but the lil guy seemed so helpless....had to let him pass...lol

Comment

Sounds like you found a good little group of pigs... I might have to go out this weekend and stick one or two

Comment

Hey Mayhemser, about what time did you see them, and can you give a checkpoint?

Comment

saw them at exactly 8pm on my way back to the truck...pecan grove area about 200-300 yards NW of checkpoint III

Comment

No pigs at Granger..you guys must be smoking something.

Comment

Working...
                                X