No announcement yet.

2018 u.s. Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost completely there on the PayPals. Need a half dozen to come in. Double check your PayPals or other accounts to make sure everything has cleared.

In the meantime, the comeback continues. Next thing you know there will be a Welcome Back party South of the Gulf Coast Aquifer!

Comment

He lost by 11 strokes... thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        He lost by 11 strokes... thanks for the post

With all your fishing and roping cattle to move to other pastures we thought you might have missed it. Of course, the real news was his jump of 11 spots up the Ryder Cup rankings positioning himself to make one of the fantastic comebacks of all time! ABCDJ gave me the choice of either posting this for you or using one of his playoff ideas

Comment

Disappointed I missed this yesterday.

Comment

The reason there aren't many great comeback stories in Golf is because if someone already has a 100 million in the bank...
            Tiger just can't stand the thought that he is not going to down as the greatest golfer to ever play. As Marsellus Wallace would say "That's just pride messin wid cha".

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
              The reason there aren't many great comeback stories in Golf is because if someone already has a 100 million in the bank...
              Tiger just can't stand the thought that he is not going to down as the greatest golfer to ever play. As Marsellus Wallace would say "That's just pride messin wid cha".
              I agree with you on the big reason. The other one is St. Andrew, the patron Saint of golf, is not very forgiving.

Once he puts a seed of doubt in your mind it is generally there for a long time. Unless you catch it early the yips, Kevin Na syndrome, or any other your day is done.

Sitting here and thinking about it I guess it is really a cruel game. On one hand you have your best round and someone says “you know if you had made that 3 footer you would have had your best round ever! The next time out St.A sees you have a double break 35 footer to break 80. He looks over and says he will let you make it and then not let you break 80 again for 5 years.. I still love it

The list of players who have retired without needing to because of the “tremors” is short I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                Disappointed I missed this yesterday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pga-tour-pl...095654052.html
                I was playing in a two man tournament using the Chapman format when I was in Montana last week. We had 3 two person teams on each hole playing together. My partner hit a ball into a lateral hazard marked with red stakes on one hole. We went to see if we could find the ball and could not. A lady in one of the other groups insisted we go back and hit from the original spot. I disagreed and said we could drop, no closer to the hole, where the ball entered the hazard. She wasnt too happy so I went back and hit it on the green from where he hit earlier. It was just easier. Sometimes it just aint worth the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  I was playing in a two man tournament using the Chapman format when I was in Montana last week. We had 3 two person teams on each hole playing together. My partner hit a ball into a lateral hazard marked with red stakes on one hole. We went to see if we could find the ball and could not. A lady in one of the other groups insisted we go back and hit from the original spot. I disagreed and said we could drop, no closer to the hole, where the ball entered the hazard. She wasnt too happy so I went back and hit it on the green from where he hit earlier. It was just easier. Sometimes it just aint worth the trouble.
                  I’m like Bob Feller when the reporter asked him what was wrong with his fastball. He said he was throwing it just as hard as he ever did, it just wasn’t getting there as fast.. You make me sick hitting it that far!!

Comment

Golfers often categorize themselves by shaft flex to describe their games or swings. “I’m an R flex,” or, “I’m an S flex.” It’s as if they can create appropriate expectations with four words. Probl…

Comment

From the comfort of your sofa – or if you’re lucky, alongside the ropes – each major championship gives you a chance to see the biggest hitters in the world unsheathe their drivers and swing away. …

Comment

I'd have had words with her since you were right.

Comment

Don't think I have ever tried this one

Watch out ABCDJ !
                          Check out our relaxing golf swing livestream here: https://youtu.be/J-1X5ZxROCI 🏌️🎶Caddie Billy Foster looks back on one of the most memorable moments from...

Comment

I know it's 2018, and #meetoo, and equality and all that....but this is exactly why I don't play golf with women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The time draws nigh.
                              Start thinking about these guys.

Comment

Homer Doyle almost drove me mad too.

Don't forget to doublecheck your accounts to see your transaction went through.

British Open just around the corner.
                                Last edited by 18ncs; 07-08-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X