No announcement yet.

New to Me Ranch Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would def not go with carpet, too mesy and nasty. Rubber or rhino lined floor or back much easier to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
      I would def not go with carpet, too mesy and nasty. Rubber or rhino lined floor or back much easier to clean.
      I agree that carpet will get nasty. The carpet in it currently isn't terrible but it isn't anything special. I am looking into different rubber liners currently. I've had linex, rhino, and do it yourself liners in a few different jeeps with mixed results.

Comment

So I started peeling trim, emblems, and the chrome rocker panels again friday night. Armed with my 3m eraser wheel, 2- 18v Drills, and my disc sander. Well, as often happens with me I don't stop until I'm finished and tend to loose track of time. I crawled into bed around 3am.

Got up the next morning to wash off all the dust and have breakfast with the young'un.

He helped wash the tahoe, me, the dog, the garage, and whatever else he felt like pointing the hose at.

Luckily Blue is a good sport and loves his buddy.

Comment

I adjusted the torison bars about 4 turns in to get some stiffness back in the front and raise it up a little. Sits a little nose high which is what I was actually after. (pictures posted are before I adjusted.) I ordered some new u-bolts and add-a leafs for the rear to help support the weight of the boat or whatever I'm totting around the ranch. With those installed it should sit about level.

I'll get some new shocks and bumpstops but they aren't really a priority yet.

And of course I added a TBH sticker and another sticker... That other sticker made the A/C Blow twice as cold as soon as I installed it. I also picked up 15 hp from it. Weird.

Comment

I need to snag some more pictures but nothing really fancy yet.

First big thing is I did some serious winter cleaning and turned the garage back from a 1 car to a 2 car garage so I can fit this thing along with momma's ride.

Straightened the rear bumper out a tad and installed the receiver hitch temporarily. Need to run by fastenal and snag some bolts.

Ordered an "ultra gauge" since the gauges on this year aren't always that accurate and temp gauge is a slow responder no matter what.

Started masking and taping off all the windows last night.

Pulled the tires off the 5 star wheels that were on it and started polishing those. Still watching Craigslist and forums for some tires.

Ordered this:

Also Ordered a couple vehicle Specific Fire Extinguishers and Mounts.

Going to dig out my mag light mounts from my old Crew Cab and mount it on the transmission tunnel.

Tonight I will finish sanding in the little cracks and hard to reach spots, take the bumpers back off, take the grill and all the lights off. I'm going to paint with the roof rack on as its a giant pain to get off and on. I'll finish taping and masking everything as well.

My boy and the dog are taking a grandma vacation next week so I will have some free time after work before we head out for turkeyday to paint. If time permits next week I will start pulling the interior out after the outside is painted.

Comment

Comment

All those nerf bars are good for is getting your pants muddy every time you get in or out. I wouldn't ditch the carpet for bed liner either, that just makes them loud, cold, and less comfortable. Just pick up some Husky Liners and cleanup is no problem.

Why are huntin trucks so much more fun to work on?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  All those nerf bars are good for is getting your pants muddy every time you get in or out. I wouldn't ditch the carpet for bed liner either, that just makes them loud, cold, and less comfortable. Just pick up some Husky Liners and cleanup is no problem.

Why are huntin trucks so much more fun to work on?
                  I agree about Hunting trucks being more fun to work on...

I have a set of front Husky liners in it already from an old z71 I had and it had the big cargo liner in the rear when I bought it.. Just needs some for the rear seats... I am not 100% sold on the liner yet. It didn't blow my skirt up when I had a couple jeep interiors lined.

Nerf Bars will stay for the time being.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                      Looking good
                      Thanks!

I'm having fun with it... I should have it ready to take down to my place christmas week. I won't be done completely but I'll start using it and adding more fun stuff and replacing items as needed.

Comment

Okay, that does it!

I want it back!

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                          Okay, that does it!

I want it back!
                          Haha.

At least it went to a loving home...

I need to finish painting the rear barn doors since I'm not happy with the pattern on those (they aren't done in those pictures but i'm still not satisfied) and then put a little flat clear coat on it. After that it's re-assembly time. Hope to have it out in the sunlight for better pictures when we return from the Inlaws later this week.

Comment

Kool ride

Comment

Love the camo paint job! Reminds me of my old '96 Tahoe I painted up to use as a lease vehicle last year.

Mine never made it to the lease though, we ended up trading it for a '79 CJ-7 fixer-up. I'll be following along to see how yours turns out!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X