Is There More Evil in the World Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There More Evil in the World Today

Do you think there is more evil in the world today than there was 150 years ago? 50 years ago? I don't have any statistics to establish anything, but my thoughts are as follows:

150 years ago, there was slavery, prostitution, murder, etc... People would go to church and then go to a lynching.

Around 50-75 years ago there was clear racial and gender discrimination. Fears of the cold war and nuclear war. The holocaust.

Today there is gay marriage, abortions, violence and s@x on TV, mass shootings, famine, drug use, genocide in third world countries, etc...

So, more or less evil? Is our world better off or worse off than in the past? Or does it matter what race, or what part of the world you live in?

No difference. More media.

Comment

No. The level of evil has remained the same as it has always been. The population has increased, and the ability to access and broadcast the evil has increased.

The same things were going on 25 years ago, it just took longer to find out about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capfab View Post
        ^^^^^this^^^^^^

Comment

i think that we are just made more aware of it now days with instant news from around the world

Comment

sure

Comment

Same amount. It just seems to be appearing in unexpected places these days and getting FAR more media coverage.

Comment

Its all the same I believe. Evil comes from the flesh and human nature.
                Ecclesiastes 1:9

New International Version (NIV)

9 What has been will be again,
                what has been done will be done again;
                there is nothing new under the sun.

Also I read Buck Compton's autobiography (he was a main charachter in band of brothers) and he told a story about when he was in elementary in the 30s and one time a guy had come in acting like he was there to pick up a girl on behalf of her parents. He then kidnapped her killed and dismemberd her body. I thought it was crazy it happened back then too, evil things. But nothing is new like I said, evil has always been in the world.
                Last edited by TexasGuitar; 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I don't believe there is. If you consider the ratio of violent acts/deaths to population, I believe it would be very similar, if not less; based on how many people there are now. You also have to consider how the modern/Internet media is able to immediately report negative issues. 40 years ago we may not have heard about an incident. What I am trying to say it that because the information is instantly available, it APPEARS or seems that there is more happennig now.

J.P.

Comment

No there is not. More people means more that can go wrong simple as that!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                      No. The level of evil has remained the same as it has always been. The population has increased, and the ability to access and broadcast the evil has increased.

The same things were going on 25 years ago, it just took longer to find out about it.
                      I actually agree 100 percent with this statemnt.

Comment

Seems to be more in the last 4 years.

Comment

ding!

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                            Charles Whitman was evil....
                            Lubys shooter was evil...
                            911 was evil...
                            Resendez was evil....
                            Bundy was evil....
                            Jack the ripper was evil...
                            on and on and on.....

And thousands more who take innocent lives for pleasure or becuse of sickness have been around since people inhabited this plant.

But I see what you did there as well...

No whats evil, is the media, instant social media, sensationilism and other avenues giving eveyone a platform to spew crap about 2.2 seconds after it happens, is evil.
                            Last edited by Bullydog; 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                              I see what you did there

Mikey likes it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X