Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi live hunt. 14 days straight off work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi live hunt. 14 days straight off work!

I am on vacation until November 11th and plan to be on the stand every chance I get from now until then. I thought I would start a thread to keep up with what I am seeing going on in the woods of East Texas while some of you guys are stuck working. I will be hunting several different spots and will go live from the stands I have cell service at and update later for the stands with no service. I have several good bucks on camera and hopefully one of them will make a mistake in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned, more to come tomorrow!

Good luck,following.

Comment

Good luck out there.

Comment

Good luck to ya'.

Comment

Thanks. Headed to the stand now.

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

I am set up on a trail near a creek crossing off the edge of a pipeline this morning. Pine plantation all around me with a few oaks along the creek. Nothing stirring here yet besides mosquitoes.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Just had a nice 8 point cross at about 75 yards. I stopped him with a grunt a few times but couldn't ever get him to turn. He just crossed the pipeline and went out of sight.

Comment

Good luck Seth! Hope you get a good in at 20 yards!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Just had a spike and a young 10 come down the same trail. Looks like I might need to move my stand about 50 yards.

Comment

Well I ended up getting out of the stand at around 10:30 because a bulldog showed up from somewhere. I ran him off and hopefully he will not show back up. I am going to head back in a little bit and move my stand closer to the trail where I saw the bucks.

Bulldog
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382985448771.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24259773

Comment

I dont like bull dogs to begin with. I probably would have lost an arrow if one showed up at one of my bow sets. Best of luck the remainder of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              I dont like bull dogs to begin with. I probably would have lost an arrow if one showed up at one of my bow sets. Best of luck the remainder of the week.
                              Believe me, it crossed my mind seeing as there are no houses around and no collar on the dog. I just didn't want to have blood all around my stand and didn't want to deal with getting rid of the body. I tried to snap some pics of the bucks I saw but they are too blurry on my cell phone. I am going to bring a good camera along to the stand this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X