Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

4:30-6:30 today.
    43* and winds 10-12 at 4:30
    7-8 year olds.

It's the first practice of the season.

No

Comment

Nope, not crazy. With that said, I would probably invite the whole group to Dbats and get one of the double size cages and work on basic fielding technique and do some hitting

Comment

Yes you are with all the flu and sickness that has been going around.

Comment

They will be fine

Comment

Yep no reason to have kids in that kind of cold with the seriousness of all the sickness going around.

Comment

First practice...have you coached these kids before? Know positions etc or is it all new so a lot more evaluation and chaos? I would probably cancel practice unless there is an indoor facility to take BP. 7 and 8 seems kind of young to go full hard a##. This seems more like the age where the game is fun and everyone plays.

Comment

Normally I would say no....but this flu thing has a lot of folks boogered up...

I'd hate to think my stubbornness to get a practice in got a kid sick.

Comment

Tell parents not to leave and discuss expectations for practice behavior with the kids and then run a few laps with them. Adjourn

Comment

My kids played in that weather every year and they are still here. Im not sure what being in the cold and getting the flu have in common.

Comment

Yes we canceled ours . To cold with the wind blowing .

Comment

No you are not crazy. You made a choice to have practice. As a parent, I have a choice to bring my son to practice or not.

Comment

Yes.
                          No need for kids that young to be out in weather like this , especially on a day before school.
                          The parents will appreciate it I promise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I'd say that young would have me worried with the flu issues this year. I mean worst case scenario, I'd hate to have some kid get incredibly sick and possibly die because of my decision. Not something I'd want on my conscience the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                              No you are not crazy. You made a choice to have practice. As a parent, I have a choice to bring my son to practice or not.
                              What this dude said ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X