UT Austin to provide free tuition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT Austin to provide free tuition

UT Austin will provide free tuition to undergrad students with family incomes below $65,000 starting in 2020

160$ mill for it is awesome!

That’ll cover a minimum 10 students...

Comment

Perfect

Comment

I wish state schools just had free tuition for residents. Unless you study something stupid like gender studies or art history, then it’s 10x

Comment

free..... ha...…..
          trust me, college is a business... They don't give nothing away...…
          But, I promise, those that are paying. Will be paying more......

Comment

Ya and now they can live in a cardboard box on the street while they are getting a free ride.

Comment

And most of the people will probably not be college material. Crazy if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                free..... ha...…..
                trust me, college is a business... They don't give nothing away...…
                But, I promise, those that are paying. Will be paying more......
                The honest family making 66k will be screwed now if they want their kid to go there.

And if it's just free tuition they can still charge the "free" kid a buttload for books. parking, building fees, mandatory sports package pass, and a thousand other fees LOL

We're doomed as a Nation when at a time like now, where anyone can make a decent living if they just try a little, we feel the need to charge those with good jobs more to pay for those who make less.

I always thought these days would come when it was difficult to get a job...Not during the best/easiest times I've ever seen where even "poor" people drive new cars and trucks.

Comment

UT Austin is $25,440. per year of that tuition is $10,398.

It definitely will help those that qualify, but it is not "free".

Comment

A&M has been doing that for 8 years or so.

It won’t even make a dent in the Horns’ $20B endowment.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      The honest family making 66k will be screwed now if they want their kid to go there.

And if it's just free tuition they can still charge the "free" kid a buttload for books. parking, building fees, mandatory sports package pass, and a thousand other fees LOL

We're doomed as a Nation when at a time like now, where anyone can make a decent living if they just try a little, we feel the need to charge those with good jobs more to pay for those who make less.

I always thought these days would come when it was difficult to get a job...Not during the best/easiest times I've ever seen where even "poor" people drive new cars and trucks.
                      Texas endowment will pay for this, not other kids.

I wish they had earmarked money for merit based scholarships, which Texas doesn’t do much of.
                      Last edited by El General; 07-09-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I wouldn’t send my kids to UT Austin if they paid me $65k/year

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          You’re a genius

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Hahaha! True!

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              Texas endowment will pay for this, not other kids.

I wish they had earmarked money for merit based scholarships, which Texas doesn’t do much of.
                              yeah, you and me both. My son was accepted into the engineering school at UT as well as other major schools. But no merit based scholarships with the public schools, except one.

He is headed to T A&M Commerce on an honors college academic scholarship. He likes the small school feel to it. Not to mention ...his dorm...are apartments.

Comment

Working...
                              X