Help on wiring a 3 switch box in bathroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on wiring a 3 switch box in bathroom

Had an addition roughed in and doing all the finish work myself. Most everything is basic, but this 3 switch box has me confused. Any help in what switches I need and proper way to wire it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 1 switch box? They will all be single pole switches. They will get power from the power in 12/2.
    The 2, power out 12/2 are for receptacles I would assume...they will just wire in with the 12/2 power in.
    Pretty simple to do, but trying to understand it through text might be complicated.

Comment

Yeah, the only thing I can think of for power out would be receptacles. This drawing only has a single power source, but the concept is the. You are just using two sources instead of one. Substitute the word bath for fart and you are there.

Comment

I am seeing 3 pieces of 14/3/G
        1) fart fan
        2) lite
        3) sink lite

Using 3 conductor wire is normal for a exhaust fan/light or exhaust fan/heat combination and 3way switching of lights

Do you have other switches that control the same lights? There is a difference in the switches and the wiring of them.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
          I am seeing 3 pieces of 14/3/G

1) fart fan

2) lite

3) sink lite

Using 3 conductor wire is normal for a exhaust fan/light or exhaust fan/heat combination and 3way switching of lights

Do you have other switches that control the same lights? There is a difference in the switches and the wiring of them.

No. Just one switch per light. I have an overhead light, a vanity wall light, and a fart fan. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

message sent

Comment

That's a 3 GANG switch.

All the "Power IN/out black wires tie together. All white wires tie together. all ground wires tie together.

You will also need three "pigtails"(wires tied to the bundle of hots/blacks) to feed each switch. Each switch to a light or fan black wire.

Also, hope it's not fused for 30 amp.
              Last edited by hpdrifter; 07-01-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X