No announcement yet.

Advice on gun build for my boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same thing with my nephew a couple years ago. we went with a Savage 17HMR
    I found one that was like brand new at a local pawn shop for the action and built it from there, new bbl., trigger, stock (pillar bedded), bases, rings, bottom metal, threw a rattle can paint job on it. It's a hog killing machine

Comment

Ressurect an old rusted beat up pawn shop bolt gun. Will learn a different set of skills through refinishing metal and wood versus pinning together a few parts to make an AR. Though I’ll say it is the best way for someone to learn how a gas operated rifle works is to build one.

Comment

wouldnt get a .22 for an 11 year old 223/556 all the way

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! I think I am going to look at both the AR platform and be on the hunt for a restore. I appreciate the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            wouldnt get a .22 for an 11 year old 223/556 all the way
            Heck, I'm 52 and love me some .22's!

Comment

10/22, kidd makes all the parts you need and you end up with a tack driver that will last a lifetime.

Comment

AR for sure PSA is always running deals in fact they have a complete kit right now that is also a 80% lower ( ghost gun ) Look around on the site ton of info out there and their products are very good will make a great shooter . Sign up for the emails as the kits go fast when they drop the price on them

Comment

Working...
                X