No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess now is as good a time as ever to get reacclaimated with the SHNF. We just got transferred back to TX in December, and I'm looking forward to this season. Haven't gotten to deer hunt in 2 years, and I don't have a lease, so looks like I'll be making a few trips down south to the SHNF this fall. Hopefully get to have lunch once or twice with some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
      I guess now is as good a time as ever to get reacclaimated with the SHNF. We just got transferred back to TX in December, and I'm looking forward to this season. Haven't gotten to deer hunt in 2 years, and I don't have a lease, so looks like I'll be making a few trips down south to the SHNF this fall. Hopefully get to have lunch once or twice with some of you.
      They send you dfw or something? Welcome back to land of sanity

Comment

Good to see you back Aaron. I'll take you up on a lunch invite one day.
        Forest has changed some, but still the same.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking I should be in the woods. Weathers not too bad. Wife is out of town. Too windy to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
            I'm thinking I should be in the woods. Weathers not too bad. Wife is out of town. Too windy to fish.

Go for it. It's wet up here and looks dark, so pack accordingly

Comment

Heck of a deal on snake boots at BPS....if only my calves would fit in them.

Comment

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...?project=40561
                For any of you that hunt the east side, here is a little valuable info. This should be good for the hunting over there. I'd encourage anyone that hunts over there to send in an email supporting it on behalf of hunters. We do need to have a little more presence in this process, and I usually send in a letter of support for each burn proposal I get.

For reference, since it's been a couple years, these are the links to the proposed actions in the forest:
                http://www.fs.fed.us/sopa/forest-level.php?110813
                http://data.ecosystem-management.org...?forest=110813

And if you look close, it seems they may be pushing for another 25 miles of trails. There's no documents posted yet, so I'm not sure if this is different than the one they started last year in the archery only section, or what. It may be delayed, since it looks like this SanJac project has been delayed, looking at the first estimated dates of proposal and estimated decision date.

I'll say this too: We need to be voicing more on these things when they come up. With stuff like the Texas grand ranch subdivision they have been advertising, the time is coming where this forest is about to get really busy with construction and housing starting to pop up even more. Just know that 5 or 10 years from now there could be so many people surrounding the area that they start pushing for the burns to stop, then fear of hunters, etc. But like I've seen in other parks, they'll also push for the removal of ORV because of the noise complaints. We better get acquainted with the davy crockett... or voice on these proposals. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Thanks Andy for the info.

Comment

Very good info.

Comment

Andy, thankyou for that post, very good to know! You going to Chester?

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                        Andy, thankyou for that post, very good to know! You going to Chester?
                        Planning on it. Going to be a long week before chester. Hoping i have the energy to camp out and shoot both days. Wife and boys will be out of town.

Comment

Thanks Andy. Not sure what the doe season will be in the forest. Saw they are suggesting no permits.

Comment

Tomorrow squirrel season starts again.

Comment

Okay swamp my arm hurts, will go after some bushytails and do a little scouting. I will use my .22, want to get a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                                Okay swamp my arm hurts, will go after some bushytails and do a little scouting. I will use my .22, want to get a couple.
                                Wish I could join ya. I'm going crazy prepping for finals. Thursday through Monday it's on! Then Tuesday-Friday is a bovine artificial insemination clinic, followed by chester on Saturday and Sunday (which you should grab your recurve and come shoot at). After all that I have 2 weeks of freedom. Need to get some flu flus made up finally and get busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X