Another reminder to lock your tailgates and install hose clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reminder to lock your tailgates and install hose clamps

A guy in the neighborhood came out to his truck and noticed something missing from his Super Duty. Tailgate had been stolen. Guess a new one is gonna cost between 3 to $5,000.

I'm gonna install some high quality surveillance cameras.

Okay, I'll bite. Hose clamps?

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwwcb View Post
      yes you add hose clamps where the tailgate goes in to the notch. It will help slow them down.

Comment

Good reminder that I still haven't done it
        Originally posted by Kcwwcb View Post

You install a hose clamp to where your truck bed attaches. It doesn't make it fool proof but will slow them down.

Comment

what a shame!

Comment

sad we have to do stuff like that but I like the hose clamp idea. I had one stolen off an F150 even though it was locked

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post

You install a hose clamp to where your truck bed attaches. It doesn't make it fool proof but will slow them down.
              Thanks, that is a new one. I might have to add that to the mix. I have been good about locking my tailgate, but making it harder sounds great. Hate thieves!

Comment

After I had the full sized spare stolen off of my truck about 7 years ago I put heavy duty chain on the new spare and hose clamps on the tailgate. I don't know if they've worked to deter thieves or not but they give me some peace of mind.

Comment

Will make it even harder if you install the clamp so you have to get under the truck to remove it. I also propped my gate up halfway to tighten it.
                  Can't get to it unless you are under the truck with the gate halfway up.......

Comment

Put this on mine. I learned the hard way too.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post

Turn your clamp over and tighten it with an end wrench. That way they can't just use a screwdriver. Most thieves carry a screwdriver.

Comment

This is the one I bought.

Comment

i'm more amazed that a freakin tailgate is gonna run between 3 and 5 THOUSAND dollars... that is just stupid! What is in that tailgate besides really thin metal and some moving parts?!?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                            Did you read the reviews? Lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by "DOC" View Post
                              Will make it even harder if you install the clamp so you have to get under the truck to remove it. I also propped my gate up halfway to tighten it.

Can't get to it unless you are under the truck with the gate halfway up.......

Yep

Comment

Working...
                              X