• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You still liking the solids doc?

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      You still liking the solids doc?
      Yes. They have performed well on both moose and muskox now. That being said I killed my Yukon moose with a g5 striker and a montec cs. The penetration of the solids for me has been excellent. They have been flying well. I mainly use them for the deep six inserts and don't own any solids for standard inserts. I think I am taking silver flames for bison so hopefully I can see how they do.

Comment

Very nice congrats!!

Comment

Great example of staying positive on a hunt when things are not going well... Great job brother!
          Love the goat and the moose! What a great adventure.
          Next time, leave the rifle home!!

Comment

Awesome write up. Congrats on some more fine trophies doc. Love the ldp of you sitting on the moose with it in the water.

Comment

Congrats on another successful trip! Great write up and pictures, too!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                Yes. They have performed well on both moose and muskox now. That being said I killed my Yukon moose with a g5 striker and a montec cs. The penetration of the solids for me has been excellent. They have been flying well. I mainly use them for the deep six inserts and don't own any solids for standard inserts. I think I am taking silver flames for bison so hopefully I can see how they do.

Ya that's how I am. If I shoot the axis arrows I will shoot silver flames but if I shoot the deep six I'll shoot solids

Comment

That is an awesome write up and hunt. I'm going to have to meet up with you sometime when I travel to Amarillo. I have a lease not far from there.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    I bet you will be completely satisfied with the performance of the Silverflames!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats. Awesome hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                        That is an awesome write up and hunt. I'm going to have to meet up with you sometime when I travel to Amarillo. I have a lease not far from there.
                        Let me know and if I'm around I'll buy you a beer. You can come to the house and see the mounts. Tbh folks are always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                          Great example of staying positive on a hunt when things are not going well... Great job brother!
                          Love the goat and the moose! What a great adventure.
                          Next time, leave the rifle home!!
                          I didn't take the rifle it was the guides. I don't think they will let you hunt in that country without one. At least the outfitters won't. It was my fault for not staying strong but it was funny how it went down. Never dreamed a goat would come down to me 500 yards. Now, when I go on my stone sheep hunt I will be bowhunting but will also be carrying my rifle. Can't imagine ever getting to redo that one.

Comment

Well, I thought this was going to be a smooth travel trip. My flight from Vancouver to Denver was late and I missed connection. Now stuck in Denver. Waited in like for united customer service for a hour and still had 50 people in front of me. My travel agent was on hold for an hour with no luck. I said screw it and booked a flight on southwest in the am. Will get to Amarillo at 1020 but was supposed to be operating at 8 am. Oh the joys of travel!!!!!!!

Comment

Loved the write up and LDPs! Congrats on some great trophies!

Did you make it back to Amarillo in one piece?

Comment

I'm on the plane in Denver. Should be home by 1030. Gonna have some angry wen waiting on me but I think it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X