Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upset American hoggers at my lease (long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upset American hoggers at my lease (long read)

I went to my lease this afternoon to finish up some stuff before season. When I got to the gate I saw some weird tracks and a different trucks tire tracks. So I hadn't even planned on checking cameras but decided to after seeing that.

When I pulled the pics up on the iPad there was a truck and a dog under my feeder. So immediately made the call to the lease owner and told him I think someone was running hog dogs on the lease. He said I know I was there with them it was the American hoggers. They were filming there show out here. And went on to say it was alright because he was with them and they didn't kill anything. So I told him that we have had cameras out since January and there is only one hog on camera! He said oh well I have been seeing lots of hog sign. anyways I have pictures of the dogs and there truck and them spot lighting at every feeder on our lease. At one of our feeders there was horse tracks inside the old feeder pen and horse hair in the barb wire where it is pulled off the post.
    There's new trails where they drove through the thickest part of the lease where the deer bed down.
    He then went on to say that they were coming back tonight to hunt I told him that was not alright season starts right over 2 weeks from today. He said he would call and tell them not to come. I bet they come back tonight.

So I am beyond upset right now. He wasn't gonna tell me that they came out there or anything it's only 200 acres I'm thinking all the deer are ran off if not they are extremely spooked and has probly messed up our season. 6000 for the lease and atleast 4000 in feeders blinds corn and everything else needed for the lease probly closer to 5000 if not more. not even counting all of the hours building feeder pens, putting up feeders clearing brush, general deer lease work.

What would y'all do? I didn't tell the guy anything except that it wasn't right to have them out. I don't think theres anything to do but hope and pray they didn't run the big boys off. Sorry for the long read had to vent some.

Thanks guys
    Daniel

Wow. I do not blame you. I would be livid!!!!
    I hope it works out for you man. That's major BS...

Comment

That's not good.

Comment

I sorry I got lost when you said you paid $30 an acre to hunt. The deer will come back, may take a week or so but they will be back.

Comment

Ya exactly you see how they act on there show you can only imagine what all they did out there

Comment

I would not be a happy camper that is for sure. Middle of the summer, no problem. But you are paying $30 an acre? I would expect all the hunting rights for that price. Sometimes landowners don't have a clue and you have to educate them. I start the hogdoggers in March normally and shut them down about now.

Comment

Sorry for you trouble, but I think if the deer want to be there they will be back. One day should not mess up your season. Hopefully I am correct, but that does not make what happened right. I would be ticked off too.

Comment

Pretty sure it didn't hurt anything. Calm down and carry on or whatever that saying is

Comment

Not right, but his land I guess.

Comment

it didn't hurt your hunting. all will be good. Timber crews are 100 yards from my stand right now here in east texas and I am still getting pics of deer

Comment

Ya it's a year round lease we are supposed to have year round hunting its close to my house 30 an acre was worth it to me

Comment

Man that stinks. If the place was overrun with hogs and you guys weren't trying to kill them I wouldn't blame the land owner for trying to remove them. Doesn't sound like that's the case so it seems pretty disrespectful of the owner to do that this close to the start of season.

Comment

Doubt it will effect your hunting as much as you think. I wouldn't be happy about the situation you explained either though. We run our dogs on deer leases all the time up till deer season with no problem as long as the dogs are trash broke off deer. I'm surprised the Cambell's would mess with trying to hunt a 200 ac piece of property though.

Comment

The deer will be right back.

Comment

Do you have a written agreement for the lease? Is it year-round? Does it permit this or other stupid stuff?

If not, you need to look for another lease and learn from this experience.

PUT IT IN WRITING.

Comment

Working...
                              X