• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this rifle?

Especially with the twist?

I know it’s a budget rifle.

Almost hard to pass up due to the price

Thanks, Clay

Better not pass on it if you want it. I've killed several with that caliber.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger makes good stuff. Got my vote.

Comment

I’d go for it

Comment

1:8" fast twist allows you to shoot heavier bullets (70-80 grs). If you hand load that is great. I don't believe there is any over the counter factory 22-250 ammo with heavy bullets, as the 50-55 grs are most common and will shoot in that rifle.

Comment

I agree with Cajun. That 1:8 twist is a pretty slow twist so it would work best with your heavier grain bullets. So the heaviest thing you could find to shoot out of it the better. If you shoot a lot of lighter grain bullets it will probably wear the barrel out faster. The Ruger American line of rifles even though they are budget rifle’s are pretty accurate. There’s a lot of good reviews floating around about them. I can’t say that I have seen one with a stainless barrel and a blue action. The normal twist rate for a 22–250 is 1:12 or 1:14 Since it is a smaller faster bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              I agree with Cajun. That 1:8 twist is a pretty slow twist so it would work best with your heavier grain bullets. So the heaviest thing you could find to shoot out of it the better. If you shoot a lot of lighter grain bullets it will probably wear the barrel out faster. The Ruger American line of rifles even though they are budget rifle’s are pretty accurate. There’s a lot of good reviews floating around about them. I can’t say that I have seen one with a stainless barrel and a blue action. The normal twist rate for a 22–250 is 1:12 or 1:14 Since it is a smaller faster bullet.
              this x2 , as far as the gun itself I have the 223 and 300blk and very happy with them. and your not gonna beat that price.

Comment

Will the 22-250 in a 1:8 twist accurately shoot the 50-55 grain bullets?

Comment

Our Ruger Americans shoot great. Get you one.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                    Will the 22-250 in a 1:8 twist accurately shoot the 50-55 grain bullets?
                    yuuup, adequate stabilization according to Berger's Twist Rate Stability Calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      yuuup, adequate stabilization according to Berger's Twist Rate Stability Calculator
                      Thanks

If you don’t reload and if you only plan on shooting the standard 50ish and 60ish grain bullets, is there any reason or advantage to buying the 1:8 twist in the 22-250?

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                        Thanks

If you don’t reload and if you only plan on shooting the standard 50ish and 60ish grain bullets, is there any reason or advantage to buying the 1:8 twist in the 22-250?
                        No

Comment

I think it is a better option twist wise... Will stabilize 55s but has option to up the size

Comment

Don’t know if the 60grn are any better but we shoot the federal 60grn partitions and they are excellent on deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get it while you can for that price

Comment

Working...
                              X