No announcement yet.

Why are some 243 really loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***... and no I didn't read all the way thru. Just a reponse to op.

Comment

Slap a can on it very nice reduction

Comment

They're all loud

Comment

Because there is a pretty substantial explosion instantaneously happening directly above your trigger finger when you pull said trigger.. That noise coming out of the end of that pipe, following that fire ball, is the result of said explosion.. It happens..

Comment

I think a lot has to do with the barrel length. Never thought much about it until i shot a 1911 45, then a lever gun 30 30 immediately after. The 45 was louder. Not exactly comparing apples, but there's a lot of difference in powder amount.

As far as the muzzle break theory, I'm not sure they change the level of noise, just redirect it. I was sighting in a rifle once, a few stalls down from a guy behind a 338 with a 45 degree break. It was loud as crap, but the break vents were pointing straight towards me. Stood behind him and the bang was a lot quieter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Shorter barrels are louder, if for nothing else that the muzzle is closer to your ears. Just like pistols seem very loud. Lots of .243s have short barrels, its a shame because they perform so much better with longer barrels.

Comment

Revolvers have the muzzle blast, but they also have the sound that comes out the cylinder gap---I had a .22 mag revolver I carried for snakes until I figured out a .38 was more lethal and not quite as loud--

Comment

I have permanent hearing damage from doing the same. And I don’t mean oh yeah I lost a little hearing from that. No it was , aw hell that ear’s gone.
                  I hear you brother. Since that morning I've had permanent hearing issues.

Comment

Why is my gun loud.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        I have permanent hearing damage from doing the same. And I don’t mean oh yeah I lost a little hearing from that. No it was , aw hell that ear’s gone.

Right there with you.
                        Except mine was a 41 mag shot next to my head. Might be looking into hearing aids soon [emoji20].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never heard any rifle that sounded any louder than the next until I got a larue predatobr.223.. I still don’t know why but it’s a lot louder.. I can shoot my colt 6920 and the larue one after another and the larue is just way louder..

Comment

Mine is nasty loud too. I know what ur talking about. I want to drop it out the window after it goes off. I assumed it was the barrel length. My 270 doesnt bother me at all

Comment

Working...
                            X