Home alarm without monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
    SimplySafe. It is easy to install yourself and it can be monitored for 15 a month with no contract.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    This is what we have too. I actually sat on my keys which had the remote on it and set off the panic button. Turned it off as fast as I could. About 6 seconds later my phone rang asking me if everything was alright. Gave them my name and phone password. Surprised me. Reminded my wife not to forget about the panic button I installed in our bedroom by the head board of the bed. I think I am going to order a couple more panic buttons and install one in her office.

Comment

Took 45 minutes for a response on a client's house, we set off accidentally. Be prepared to protect yourself, leo's are overworked, understaffed and do there best.

Comment

I am in the business so mine is free. Central station response time is less than 60 seconds. It is the responding agency that is slow. Yes a home alarm is usually not high on the priority list, but I get a call and my neighbor gets a call too. May God have mercy on their soul if me or my neighbors get them first.

Comment

SimpliSafe! Install what you want (sensors, camera, siren, motion detectors). Monitoring is extra, but optional. Set or turn off from your phone or keypad.

Comment

Another vote for simplisafe. I’ve had their old system for 4 years. Already bought the new updated system for my new house.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
              Check out Smith-Thompson. Wireless, good rates.
              This................................

Comment

Is anyone running the Canary security camera system?

Comment

We had a good alarm in our last house cause I am always gone with work. It was monitored. Only problem was that 2-3 times a month when the wife and kids went to her parents the kids wouldnt completely shut the back door when letting the dogs in. Which made the door come open with any wind and the alarm people would call the cops. Worked like its supposed to. Issue comes when you get a bill 2-3 time a month stating that you owe the city/county money for the police being dispatched to your house.

Comment

after 30 years as an leo,,,, nothing beats a good dog...... 2 of them even better,

and if i am gone,, my big baby goes in the house.... i know on two occasion's for sure he kept people from getting into my archery shop,,,,

and yes i do like alarms,,, if they also have a camera

Comment

I got a couple of Arlo cameras and caught 2 relatives stealing drugs out of my medicine cabinet. I knew I wasn't taking that many pain pills. Confronted them and threatened prosecution. I took lots of pain meds after the first cancer surgeries, and after the femur fracture, it may have been going on for a while. Caught on when pain was almost non existant, and usage was still up.
                      The Arlo has a router that plugs into your internet router, and sends you an email when motion is detected. You can enable the cameras with your cell phone, and watch live video anytime you want, or play recordings. You can set it to record for as long as you need, but unless you pay a small subscription it deletes recordings after 7 days. You can download and save them to your computer though. Camera batteries last a good long time, and they are night vision capable, but night video leaves a bit to be desired.

Comment

Another vote for Simplisafe

a territorial Blue Heeler works pretty good too [emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

SimpliSafe

Comment

Following...

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                              Check out Smith-Thompson. Wireless, good rates.
                              This. $16.99 a month and no contract. You can pay for a year and get a month free. We pay quarterly.

An alarm is worthless if it is not monitored.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                                This. $16.99 a month and no contract. You can pay for a year and get a month free. We pay quarterly.

An alarm is worthless if it is not monitored.
                                Disagree. There should be no reason an alarm company should be calling the owner before calling the police. I got called out one night on a burglary at a bisiness and during the next hour, during the investigation, the phone rang at least three times. It was the alarm company, and I answered in hopes they could provide more information. Nope, they announced who they were and asked me for a password. Long story short, idiots said their policy is not to call police until they've exhausted all means of contacting people on their list. And about every 15 minutes, dispatch would radio that alarm company had called in a new alarm.

Tell me, what good does that do?

Luckily, my alarm is monitored by the police department and their is an immediate response. And I had a huge siren installed as well, and when it goes off, people in the area knows it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X