No announcement yet.

Another Bear Attack in Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows what I would do in that situation but hopefully everything I could to save both of us. I hate judging the guy but the fact that he is on a plane home already meant he wasn’t hurt much at all. I sure as hell wouldn’t give my gun to someone else!
    Prayers up for his family.

Comment

Sad deal for sure!
      Prayer for all involved...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tragic news

Comment

I not saying I would have killed the bear, but I would have emptied my pistol while trying to kill it.

If the bear is charging, I'm shooting.
          If the bear has a hold to my foot, I'm shooting.
          If the bear is mauling someone I'm with, and I can't get a clear shot, I'll run up at put the muzzle on the bear and shoot.

In short, when it's time to shoot, I'm shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
            I not saying I would have killed the bear, but I would have emptied my pistol while trying to kill it.

If the bear is mauling someone I'm with, and I can't get a clear shot, I'll run up at put the muzzle on the bear and shoot.

That was my thinking, but who knows how we would react in the face of sheer terror and fear? The man will have to live with whatever he did/did not do.

Comment

Sad deal. Prayers sent.

Comment

Exactly.. The whole "throwing the pistol" deal makes 0 sense in this situation..
                Sad deal..
                Prayers for the dead guide!!

Comment

More reasons to open the season on grizzlys in the areas

Comment

Wow that’s awful. Really sad. It makes me sick in the stomach just thinking about it.

Comment

It's always easy to say what you would have done, until it's time to do it. SMH. So many cowboys on here

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                        It's always easy to say what you would have done, until it's time to do it. SMH. So many cowboys on here
                        It is easy for me to say. I have been in a lot of dangerous situations and I have always done what I needed to do.

Why don't you step off with your condescending attitude Hoss.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                          Before you judge the man...

Chubon was able to run to his pack gear a few yards away and retrieve a pistol but was unable to safely fire a shot at the bear that first struck Uptain,” the release said. “The attacking bear then spun, charged Chubon, grabbed his foot, and dragged him to the ground. He sustained injuries to his leg, chest, and arm, but was able to throw the gun to Uptain and get loose before running from the scene to phone for help. Initial reports indicate that the second bear did not engage either Chubon or Uptain.”
                          I wasn’t there so it’s easy for me to second guess.......why would you throw your gun when you have a bear chewing on your foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            That was my thinking, but who knows how we would react in the face of sheer terror and fear? The man will have to live with whatever he did/did not do.
                            This. Been in a few few situations were I said I would do this and that if it ever happened to me. And when something does happen. I reacted totaly differant then I thought. As do so many of us. You go to auto pilot mode and don't even realize what you did or how it happened sometimes for quite awhile after wards, even then it's foggy. And I have been no where near any thing of this kind, it's hard to imagine what would go through your mind, for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                              I wasn’t there so it’s easy for me to second guess.......why would you throw your gun when you have a bear chewing on your foot.
                              This^^^
                              I don’t understand why on earth he would just throw the gun to the guide

”He sustained injuries to his leg, chest, and arm, but was able to throw the gun to Uptain and get loose before running from the scene to phone for help.”

Tragic deal and he will have to live with those actions regardless

Comment

Have to admit..i chuckled.

Comment

Working...
                                X