Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    I don't think the deer gives a ****.

hahahaha

Comment

This is a deer a lot of people have been watching for years. Everybody thought it would no doubt be the next Texas state record. So for a texas state record deer I hope it pans out. I want everything to be legit for the sake of respect and a trophy animal.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        See post #540
        I thought that was statement about the law. Had no idea that's what happened (assuming that is indeed what happened). There's so much going on here it's hard to tell fact from fiction.

I do agree if the deer was mortally wounded by the arrow and he dispatched it with a firearm after dark that's a pretty crappy thing to fine him and confiscate the deer over. Now if the arrow inflicted a mere flesh, that would be a different story (I'm speaking only in generalities here).

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
          You just posted!
          He's a noobie... just joined a couple month back and tryin' to get his post count up...

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            I don't think the deer gives a ****.
            Bahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
              This is a deer a lot of people have been watching for years. Everybody thought it would no doubt be the next Texas state record. So for a texas state record deer I hope it pans out. I want everything to be legit for the sake of respect and a trophy animal.
              I almost wonder if it wasn't someone else who wanted the deer who called wardens without even knowing any details.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                No fire arms.

After legal light final shot.

Soooooo....both shots were not 100% legal as someone claimed above?

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  I thought that was statement about the law. Had no idea that's what happened (assuming that is indeed what happened). There's so much going on here it's hard to tell fact from fiction.

I do agree if the deer was mortally wounded by the arrow and he dispatched it with a firearm after dark that's a pretty crappy thing to fine him and confiscate the deer over. Now if the arrow inflicted a mere flesh, that would be a different story (I'm speaking only in generalities here).
                  from what I gathered, there were no firearms. I'm guessing that if there was a follow up shot to dispatch after dark it was a bow shot. But I honestly only know what I've read here, so basically..........nothing.

Comment

Not sure. He would have to cruise down 455 doing about 70 mph for about 20 minutes to get to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I almost wonder if it wasn't someone else who wanted the deer who called wardens without even knowing any details.
                      The GW investigate all big deer around here. There are so few deer killed they can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        The GW investigate all big deer around here. There are so few deer killed they can do that.
                        Yea i figured that but if so many people knew of the deer and a pic leaked I could see that too

Comment

Looks like post #540 sums it up...

I'm sure one shot in legal shooting hours with archery equipment and another shot after tracking the deer in non shooting hours with archery equipment to finish the deer off.

Comment

So far I've deduced:

1. there were 2 shots at different times

2. Seems shot 2 was after legal light

3. adam_p seems to know all about it. Posts "details" of buck being at feeder day(s) after 1st shot. Then edits that info so it's no longer the in the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                              so before I get bbq'd not saying this is related BUT this report from a week ago or so on TPWD:

Bagged and Tagged

Grayson County game wardens were tipped off about a white-tailed deer that was shot with a firearm in an archery-only county in November 2016. The wardens confronted the individual at his home and questioned him about the big buck. The subject eventually admitted he killed the deer with a pistol, after several shots, and then tagged the deer as being harvested in Fannin County. The deer was seized and several citations were issued. The cases are pending. The deer scored over 177 inches under the Boone & Crockett scoring system, netting a civil restitution value of over $10,000.
                              Wrong year and not even close on the score....

Comment

Hard to tell from the posts, but did he finish it off a couple days later after lst?

Comment

Working...
                                X