Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Dollar General slinkies won't fit 2 inch square feeder legs. I guess I'm going to have to go to Walmart sometime this week after I drop all my stuff off at the cabin

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      **** Dollar General slinkies won't fit 2 inch square feeder legs. I guess I'm going to have to go to Walmart sometime this week after I drop all my stuff off at the cabin
      Will an original slinky fit 2" square tubing? You would think a knockoff would be the same size.

Comment

Hmmmm..... now all we need to do is figure out how to incorporate fidget spinners into our hunting.

Comment

You need the square cut slinkies for square tubing. Best bet is to check Amazon online and hope they didn't sell out yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Will an original slinky fit 2" square tubing? You would think a knockoff would be the same size.

I think they are slinky juniors

Comment

I think they are slinky juniors
              Just an FYI, the original slinky has an OD of 2 3/4".

Comment

These were less than 2 inches

Comment

I bet this would also work to keep snakes out of bird feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    I bet this would also work to keep snakes out of bird feeders.
                    I was thinking bird houses and snakes. I bet it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Just an FYI, the original slinky has an OD of 2 3/4".
                      after extensive research late last night, I have discovered there are a multitude of "original" Slinkies.

the junior is too small, the new ones they sell in a three pack on Amazon are made of lighter metal than the original original, the original in the vintage packaging is made in China and is still shorter and lighter than the real original.

I don't know if any of that helps anyone.

Comment

Comment

The ones I used looked just like that, but $2.99 at Walmart. I didn't buy a 3 pack. They were sold separately.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            61 post and no mention of that buck and that drop? Looks to be a hell of a buck anymore pics?
                            Photoshop, ain't no deer in East Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Well I was really hoping to get some hilarious video, but since I've installed them the coons touch the slinky and run away. When they grab it the whole slinky moves and they just don't like it. I'm still hoping a brave one will show up and give it the ole college try
                              Not me ! If this is true and a brave one tries and figures it out ...game over

Comment

Pulled cards again yesterday hoping for some good coon video. I don't even have coons at my feeder anymore. I guess they found someone else's feeder that doesn't have slinky's on it

Comment

Working...
                                X