X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My .02
    Attached Files

Comment

Be glad your in Texas, my son is divorced in Calif. has one child and he has to pay $1,500.00 a month and is a School teacher, he can barely get by on what's left, I feel for you guys and hope you the best.

God Bless
      Bish

Comment

I gave up worrying about C/S years ago. Not a darn thing I can do about it so I'm not going to get twisted about it. I have sons to raise and that's the most important thing. I can make more money, I just have one shot to raise my boys. JMHO

Comment

I wouldn't focus your attention to things you have no control over. I.e. where they take their vacations, or spend their money. It's just waste of your emotions and a drain on your life. Focus instead on things you can control, like the positive example you can set for him, doing your best to make sure he being raised as a Christian and has a good morale upbringing. Take him hunting and fishing whenever possible and enjoy the time you have together. Whatever mistakes were made are in the past, put them there and worry about the future, they grow up fast.

Comment

Same boat here, I was able to get it lowered a couple of hundred a month by remarrying and having a couple more kiddos.

It is reparation payments and nothing more. A single kiddo does not need $1000 a month. My other kids, under my custody, live off far less.

Comment

I feel for you. I thoroughly believe the person receiving the CS should HAVE to provide an itemized list of things that they spend the money on. It not only helps the person paying the CS feel like they aren't being taken advantage of, but also, if he/she sees that maybe something more is necessary, they would be more willing to help out past what the court orders. I'm raising my son completely alone and haven't ever gone after his father for child support because we are making it just fine. That being said, if he did pay for anything, especially if it was court ordered, I would want him to know what his money was supporting. Growing up, my Dad always had a decent relationship with his ex-wife and my Mom fully supported him helping his kids. I guess I just learned to get along from them, and try to be considerate across the board.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bish;12924608]Be glad your in Texas, my son is divorced in Calif. has one child and he has to pay $1,500.00 a month and is a School teacher, he can barely get by on what's left, I feel for you guys and hope you the best.

God Bless
                Bish[/QU

Yep, Orange County is more than happy to assist with the arrears my wife's ex owes us.....

For those that say you can't raise a child on $1,000 a month, the actual amount would be $2,000 per month with joint custody. Both parents are responsible but somehow it has morphed into the dad, in most cases, being fully responsible.......

Comment

Ridiculous. I have absolutely not experience in the stuff but I have ALWAYS thought something was off. I can see paying a little bit but it seems to me if mom wants the kid to live with her than mom can pay for everything. If not, find a way to make it work for the better of the kid.
                  Last edited by Acameron52; 11-14-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hung View Post
                    I raised my daughter & never got one cent from her mom & im raising my 8yo son now & have yet 2 see a effin penny...
                    Yep, have 2 from my previous marriage and have never tried to get child support. They are my kids and I will take care of them. The system is seriously flawed, and no question, the man gets screwed. Funny how they are soooo independent, they dont need no man, until it comes to child support. Then they wanna get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      Ridiculous. I have absolutely not experience in the stuff but I have ALWAYS thought something was off. I can i stand paying a little bit but it seems to me if mom wants the kid to live with her than mom can pay for everything. If not, find a way to make it work for the better of the mid.
                      Exactly, if you cant support the child, should you really be granted custody?

Comment

I’m a single parent of 2 Kids. I get between $0-150 a month depends on if she works enough or not. It would be nice to get more than that but I think $1,000 a month or more is crazy. Especially if it’s just for 1 kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So what would an itemized list look like? I am not trying to start trouble here. I help raise two of my children by sending their mom money every month as well. Far more than anyone on here has mentioned. I think it is fair and have no problem doing so. We do not even have it court ordered. We left the court out of everything except the legal divorce papers. We have worked everything else out since. Here is what I would expect to see if she was to send me an itemized list
                          Rent = $1,200/3 in the house (my two kids and her) = $400 per person
                          Utilities/cable etc.. = $300/3 = $100 a kid
                          Groceries = $450/3 = $150 a kid
                          Transportation $450 car payment and insurance/ use for school and activities say .57cents a mile (irs number) 500 miles a month for both kids (school, sports ect...) $285 for both kids.
                          This does not include cell phones, clothes, sports, etc..
                          Total here would be $1,585 a month for two kids.

Not saying this is high or low, just what I figure it takes my ex based on what I feel she probably pays for. If she goes and gets her hair done or goes on a vacation does not matter as it is not in the base cost or needs of my kids.

Comment

While I understand that there are a lot of parents who abuse the CS that they receive, here is a statistic that is interesting, to say the least. Take it for what it's worth

The Department of Agriculture says the estimated cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 is $233,610, or as much as almost $14,000 annually
                            And before anyone thinks that I don't know anything about the OAG's office and their CS guidelines, I've paid CS on 2 children and my wife receives CS for 2. I've made roughly half of what my wife's ex makes, and paid roughly twice what he pays. So I'm well aware of the lunacy of Texas OAG's method of how they figure things out. All I'll say is that my wife and I have kept our mouths closed concerning our exes, and over time the kids have seen for themselves what is happening. My advice is to treat your children as best as you can, be the parent that they need you to be, and they'll see the truth in due time

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Yep, have 2 from my previous marriage and have never tried to get child support. They are my kids and I will take care of them. The system is seriously flawed, and no question, the man gets screwed. Funny how they are soooo independent, they dont need no man, until it comes to child support. Then they wanna get paid.
                              This pretty much sums up just how messed up our Family Court has become. Everything was 50/50 during the marriage. Why does it become the sole responsibility of the Parent, who does not get awarded custody, financial responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
                                So what would an itemized list look like? I am not trying to start trouble here. I help raise two of my children by sending their mom money every month as well. Far more than anyone on here has mentioned. I think it is fair and have no problem doing so. We do not even have it court ordered. We left the court out of everything except the legal divorce papers. We have worked everything else out since. Here is what I would expect to see if she was to send me an itemized list
                                Rent = $1,200/3 in the house (my two kids and her) = $400 per person
                                Utilities/cable etc.. = $300/3 = $100 a kid
                                Groceries = $450/3 = $150 a kid
                                Transportation $450 car payment and insurance/ use for school and activities say .57cents a mile (irs number) 500 miles a month for both kids (school, sports ect...) $285 for both kids.
                                This does not include cell phones, clothes, sports, etc..
                                Total here would be $1,585 a month for two kids.

Not saying this is high or low, just what I figure it takes my ex based on what I feel she probably pays for. If she goes and gets her hair done or goes on a vacation does not matter as it is not in the base cost or needs of my kids.
                                The numbers arent divisble by 3. She was going to have rent, vehicle, insurance regardless. Yes, some expenses are higher ( costs more for a house large enough for 3 vs 1, etc ) and should be accounted for, but the base cost should be taken out of the equation first. Also, since yall have come to an agreement, anything agreed to is fair. We are talking about a judgement rendered by the courts and forced upon the father.

Comment

Working...
                                X