Buck already lost his antlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck already lost his antlers

I’m getting a mature looking buck on the trail camera that has some issues l can’t explain.

He looks to have recently lost his antlers and his ears appear to be neatly chopped in half.

This post is probably useless without pics so those will come soon.

Any ideas?

Broke maybe, I know on our place they break up there antlers pretty fast around the rut

Comment

I have had a post mature (old) buck cast both antlers in early January....in that case he was old and in poor health.

Comment

i have a nice old buck that has broken off one whole side. I'll have to catch him next year

Comment

Youll see from the pictures his pedicles are just starting to scab over

Comment

Its bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by TSUhunter View Post
              This post is probably useless without pics
              you got that right

Comment

Originally posted by TSUhunter View Post
                I’m getting a mature looking buck on the trail camera that has some issues l can’t explain.

He looks to have recently lost his antlers and his ears appear to be neatly chopped in half.

This post is probably useless without pics so those will come soon.

Any ideas?
                So, did you ever get pics of him with antlers?
                As for right now he is a doe tag so shoot him and post pics please.
                I'd love to see those cropped ears

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9A4D189E-4065-46D5-A5E9-11607514F4B6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24519374got one without one side but havent seen one without any this time of year.

Comment

In east tx, we have a few older deer shed mid December every year. I have done a couple threads about it in the past. This is WAY early though. the ear deal....sounds like he may have ended up in a hog trap and got his ears docked at some point. Are the bloody or fresh looking?

One of the two largest bucks i have ever seen came in without his horns on Dec 2nd. I was hunting him hard. his sheds were recovered and he scored 230ish if i remember right.

Comment

looks like it is broke off to me

Comment

Need pics!

Comment

We had one that got injured drop his horns on Christmas day.

Comment

Hog trap or maybe dogs or coyotes? Dogs ripped his ears and he broke his horns fighting them off?

Comment

Don't think he dropped them , I think some other buck tore them off him.. Call that buck " whimp" from now on.m

Comment

Working...
                              X