No announcement yet.

What happened to the BP agents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers to the Martinez family, RIP Agent Martinez.

The agent are armed correct? I mean armed with pistols and I would think AR's? If they go into this situation with illegals and are not then they should be.

Comment

Have they said exactly where this happened? I read they worked out of Van Horn but I assume that station covers a lot of territory

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Have they said exactly where this happened? I read they worked out of Van Horn but I assume that station covers a lot of territory
        Few miles east of town along Interstate 10.

Comment

Wow, that is horrible. Prayers sent.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
              Prayers to the Martinez family, RIP Agent Martinez.

The agent are armed correct? I mean armed with pistols and I would think AR's? If they go into this situation with illegals and are not then they should be.
              Yes they are armed. Unfortunately they work solo most times in remote areas. They may encounter large groups at a time all by themselves. And it wouldn't be hard for a group to ambush and jump a lone agent. Ideally there should be two agents partnered when sent out remotely. As mentioned above I think each agent should have a K-9 as well.
              Last edited by BrandonA; 11-20-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=wtx223;12943125]Where these POS crossed it would nearly be impossible to build a wall because of terrain.

Would you agree that we could build a wall, fence, or other barrier in the areas that are not impossible? Then rely on sensors and heavier patrol in the gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post

Would you agree that we could build a wall, fence, or other barrier in the areas that are not impossible? Then rely on sensors and heavier patrol in the gaps.

Agree 100%.
                  I grew up 500 yards from rio grande with nothing but farm fields between our house and river.
                  My parents still live and farm there. There is an existing fence that ends 5 miles up river. Fence does make a difference. With the heavy BP presence where fence ends, there is very little activity from illegals.

I cannot recall an attack like this. Brutal. Makes me think they were drug runners. Hope BP finds these killers and just let the coyotes clean em up.

Comment

Time to stop pursuing and start shooting on site. F 'em

Comment

A couple reports I read said the agents were tracking them (usually indicates possible traffickers) which could explain the blatant murder.

Prayers for the blue fam.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                        Time to stop pursuing and start shooting on site. F 'em
                        Sounds reasonable to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          As I mentioned earlier my brother is a BP agent. Most of these agents work solo in remote places and it can take a while to get back up. In my opinion every agent should have a K9 partner. I don't know if it would have helped in this case but it wouldn't have hurt. I am friends with several of these agents along our borders in Texas and Arizona and I pray for their safety. Its sad that they are short-handed and under budgeted thanks to Obama. Trump is working on getting them the proper funding and support but it takes time.

At 5-10k a dog that would likely never happen but its a **** good idea

Comment

I like Cajun Blakes idea!!!! Terrible deal for these BP Agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              My father pointed out that a minefield between two fences would get it done, but the politicians like the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

At 5-10k a dog that would likely never happen but its a **** good idea
                                Yeah I know it will never happen but for those agents that are assigned field patrol they should have a Partner with them, human or K-9

Comment

Working...
                                X