How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
    You should be on the bow of a boat by now!!!

Updates?????

Sorry. It’s been a crazy few days. No fish yet. Some follows today but no eats. Always nice to be hanging out without a care in the world though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone here fly fished Patagonia? How about the Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia?

Comment

You sight casting permits only?

I leave Wednesday for 4 days of nothing but "where do I fish next???" Enjoy it!!!

Comment

Anyone have any reviews for a hardy shadow fly rod?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

Nope but it’s on my list!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
              You sight casting permits only?

I leave Wednesday for 4 days of nothing but "where do I fish next???" Enjoy it!!!

Yup! It’s like punishing yourself on purpose.

Nice, where are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                Anyone have any reviews for a hardy shadow fly rod?
                Hardy makes great rods. I personally haven't cast the shadow but I own a Proaxis Sintrix 7 weight that has covered water from Montana to the Gulf and it hasn't let me down

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  Nope but it’s on my list!

Forgot to add Mongolia for taimen A buddy and I are looking at Patagonia for 2019. Sea run browns!

Comment

Hardy makes great rods. I personally haven't cast the shadow but I own a Proaxis Sintrix 7 weight that has covered water from Montana to the Gulf and it hasn't let me down
                    Thanks, just picked up the shadow for 50% off. Regular $360 got mine for $180

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                      Thanks, just picked up the shadow for 50% off. Regular $360 got mine for $180
                      Awesome. Let’s us know how you like it.

Comment

Awesome. Let’s us know how you like it.
                        Will do, hopefully brushy creek is still giving up the goods on the 29th

Comment

Patagonia is my dream trip

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                            I like Broken Bow because it is only 3.5 hrs away and this time of year the crowds are down. Compared to the summer months when the banks are lined shoulder to shoulder with push button fisherman.

If you want to add about 4 hours to your drive check out the tailwaters below the Norfork dam. It is a tributary of the White and has been described as the only blue ribbon trout stream in the south.

They have a state park just below the dam for camping, or you can find a cabin along the river. The last time I went, we stayed at Charlie's Trout Resort, or something like that.

We used to camp at McClellans where a world record brown trout was caught in 1988 but they closed.
                            Where’s the best place to stay at Broken Bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Yup! It’s like punishing yourself on purpose.

Nice, where are you going?

Poc.... gona try something a little different. I plan to fly fish the surf on one of the barrier islands with high hopes of pompano. Then it's off to my usual flats and marsh in seadrift.

I might make a stop at a local park for some Tpw trout that will be realeased this week before I head south I'm hoping this will keep my "trout fever" at bay until I can get into the mountains a little later this year.

Comment

Well got me a permit. Isn’t the big one I want but after the week full of issues we’ve had, it’s a dang trophy. Caught It on a beach flat we decided to check out on our way out of town. Turned out to be a bunch of happy tailing fish there. Got shots at some big fish, but this one ate. Bottom of the ninth, And a permit is a permit I suppose. I’m stoked.

Sorry for the photo. The camera defaulted to some sort of weird filter that has that reddish tint. The scenery was much more appealing!

Comment

Working...
                                X