Oklahoma public lands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma public lands?

Has anyone experience any results from OK public lands hunt? Anyone have hints or helps from Helosis for hunting?

I think you'll find more huntable public land in Oklahoma than in Texas

Their WMA's are fairly large and easy to hunt, and I don't think they're nearly as crowded as public land in Texas.

As a non-resident though, you'll have to buy an Archery Deer License, cost: 280.00. That entitles you to a buck and a doe. Archery season lasts from Oct. 1 until early January I believe.

If you want to hunt during primitive firearms season, it'll cost you another 280.00, and if you want to hunt regular gun season, that's another 280.00. Primitive season and regular season are only two weeks long, I think.

Still, you're not paying 2,000.00 for a lease.

Comment

There is a lot of public hunting in Okla. I hunt a couple of times a year on public in SE OK. Pm me if I can answer anything for you.

Comment

I thought the season limit was 4 does and 2 bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
          I thought the season limit was 4 does and 2 bucks?
          That is correct. With a archery license you can kill 6 deer no more than 2 bucks.

The muzzleloader and gun seasons allows for 1 buck and 2 antlerless but have specifics dates on the does in some areas. The total combined allotment of all seasons still can't exceed the archery limits.
          Last edited by hweissert; 09-13-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

You're late, the locals have already started hunting....

Comment

Oklahoma WMA......Can you say "TICKS"

Comment

I see on Hugo Lake WMA there's "Corps Areas Open For Hunting" and "State Areas Open For Hunting". Can you travel between the 2 areas without any differing regulations? I plan on maybe giving it a shot next season, any help pertaining to lisences and what not needed to hunt Hugo Lake is greatly appreciated!

Used to own 400 acres in Pittsburgh county and those Oklahoma hardwoods and ridges in the SE part of the state have always held a special place in my heart, really looking forward to making a few trips up there next season.

Comment

I killed an 8pt and a doe last year on Corp land around Lake Eufaula. There are some really good WMA's, but they aren't the only land around that is public access. Most of the pressure is during rifle season, but even then, most folks don't get off the road.

good luck,
                  skooter

Comment

I'm thinking of trying out some of the southwestern public areas next fall. If anyone has any experience out that way, please pm me, I have a couple questions about the area I'm thinking of hunting.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Anyone know of any archery only WMAs in OK?

Comment

Originally posted by RajunCajun1982 View Post
                          Anyone know of any archery only WMAs in OK?
                          there is plenty. they are archery only until they do the controlled hunts though. most all allow guns on it for 2 weekends. even the ones that allow rifles only allow them for first 9 days so don't limit your search to the "archery only"

Comment

Working...
                          X