Frog Hunting Video - OUAOUARON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frog Hunting Video - OUAOUARON

This will be a long story so bear with me... Or just skip to the end for an awesome frog hunting video!

My Fiancee has a Jack Russell that is a hell of a little duck dog. Some of you may have seen her stuff on Facebook or Instagram (Alex Brittingham). She trains duck dogs out of Beaumont, TX. Around mid November the Producer and Co-host of RNT-V, Jim "Jimbo" Ronquest, contacted Alex about filming a show starring Gator, the Jack Russell "Retriever". He had seen Gator on social media and thought it would be a interesting episode for their show. We set a date (Jan. 5,6,7) and place (SW OK) and booked it.

Fast forward a couple months and everything in SW OK had 6" of ice. We asked Jimbo if he'd like to reschedule and he said let's just go and see what happens. Growing up a duck hunter Jimbo has always been an idol of mine so naturally I was nervous as all get out to meet him and his camera crew. You always wonder what those "famous" (famous to us hunters) guys are going to be like. Are they going to be stuck up a-holes or are they good old boys just like us? Well I can tell you that Jimbo and his crew are 100% the latter. Jimbo had 2 camera guys with him. Blake Fisher the creative director and videographer for RNT and another guy named Jake Latendresse who is an independent videographer that RNT hires frequently throughout the year to help film their hunts. I knew who Blake was from the RNT-V shows but had no idea who this Jake guy was..

Over the next 3 days we had some of the best duck hunting you could imagine and spent a lot of time around the camp fire with these guys enjoying adult beverages. As we got to BS'ing, Alex and I brought up frogging and Jake says that he'd like to come down and film a frogging trip. Of course we obliged but to be completely honest I thought he was blowing smoke up our *****es.

Fast forward another month and Alex gets a message from Jake on Facebook asking if we were still up for filming a frog hunting trip. DUH! We have tried to film frog trips before with go pros and it just never worked so we were really excited. I'm sure some of y'all have seen his videos and picture on the internet but 3 days before Jake was supposed to get here I saw he shared a podcast he did with Rocky LeFlore (Ducksouth on Facebook). The podcast was about Jake's rise to the top of the Outdoor filming industry. It all started clicking then for me. I have watched dozens and dozens of his short videos on Vimeo, Youtube, and Facebook. We have one of the BEST outdoor videographers coming to film a frog hunting trip with us!!

Now on to the good frog hunting part. Jake arrives Friday (3-25) mid afternoon and we load up and head down south of La Belle, Texas to one of our friend's family ranches. Jake gets his cameras all put together and we head out to the canal we were gigging. If you are a camera person this next sentence is going to hurt. 3 hours into our first night of frog hunting Jake's Canon RED Dragon slid on the tripod on the bow and tipped over into the water completely frying it. I won't say exactly how much it costs but it was 3 times more than the boat we were in . Jake said lets put this thing up and I'm grabbing some frogs. Thank God for insurance and Jake already having plenty of super high definition and slo mo stuff . Luckily, we were able to salvage the chips from the camera.

I hope y'all enjoy. Below is the link for the frogging video on Vimeo and I also am attaching a link to the Podcast Jake is doing with Rocky LeFlore. If you want to hear an awesome story about a guy starting from the bottom and climbing to the top you need to check out that podcast. If you want to see some awesome frogging footage check out the Vimeo link!

Thank y'all for reading and hope y'all enjoy the video!! By the way Ouaouaron (wa-wa-ronh) is french-cajun (coon*****) for bullfrog. I've been calling bullfrogs Ouaouaron since I was a kid frogging with my dad. Say Ouaouaron out loud and you will know why they are called that .

This is "OUAOUARON Bullfrog Hunting" by Latendresse Media on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

In this edition of the End Of The Line podcast, Rocky and Jake begin the story of how Jake became one of the best outdoor photographers and videographers in the outdoor industry. Today, we open it up with how it all started. Where did the passion come from? What little thing sent Jake's life in a new trajectory to where he is today? 

That was great!

Comment

Great video! Looks like a blast to catch and some mighty fine eatin’!

Comment

Man I need a place to get frogs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Loved it!!!!

Comment

Great video. Love huntin them frogs!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Great video! Looks like a blast to catch and some mighty fine eatin’!
              The best! The next time we fry them I think we may try tossing them in some Franks red hot sauce. Should taste just like chicken wings if not better!!

Comment

Great vidEo. I use to love catching them when I was young and that was a long time ago

Comment

Fresh frog legs are some of the best eating there is

Comment

Great video. Well done

Comment

I saw that one, and I love watching the Gator videos. It’s amazing how much that little guy can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                        The best! The next time we fry them I think we may try tossing them in some Franks red hot sauce. Should taste just like chicken wings if not better!!
                        The Louisiana brand premade wing sauce is awesome. Make buffalo goose nuggets like once a week.

Comment

I guess the frogs in North texas are a little smarter than the southerners, we had to use a gig on a 10 - 12 foot pole to get em, sometimes we had to shoot them with a 22, they were a lot more spooky than those in the video, were those high fence frogs ? lol

Comment

Small world!! I've been following you and oneshotlu on Instagram for a while. I've always enjoyed watching Gator work!

Comment

Man I miss that!

Comment

Working...
                              X