Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New truck tires

Hey all,
    Will be replacing my truck tires soon and was curious what is an easy riding highway tire? The truck seldom goes off road, so comfort for on road driving will outplace the ability to drive through the mud.

Thanks,
    -M

Just put a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s on my 2018 F150...first set of Nitto’s. Went up 1 size from a 275 / 65 R 18 to a 285 / 65 R 18. Didn’t take away from the ride at all except a tad bit of road noise. Not enough radio or conversation don’t overtake. I’ve got Toyo Open Country AT’s on a 1998 z71...35 / 12.50’s. Nothing at all wrong with that tire either. Nitto’s just had a look I wanted in the new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Michelin LTX. It you want a little more aggressive they make it in an all terrain (not very aggressive) as well. You won’t find a better riding LT truck tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Right before leaving PA in 01/2017 I had new tires put on my truck (2014 Silverado 1500). I bought Mastercraft Courser HSX. I went to a local tire shop and said I wanted a tire better for on road than off and that is what they recommended. I commute from Springtown to Grapevine (49 miles one way) and prefer driving my truck. They are quiet and handle great. They have also been wearing very well.

We have Kelly tires on my wife's Highlander and I hate them. Noisiest tire we have ever owned, and they also slip very easily under acceleration.

Comment

I have over 100,000 miles on my toyo open country MT's. They aren't the smoothest in the world but they are very smooth for a mud tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Michelin LTX. It you want a little more aggressive they make it in an all terrain (not very aggressive) as well. You won’t find a better riding LT truck tire.

X2 on this. Great tires.

Comment

Agree totally on this!

Comment

Putting Nitto Ridge Grappler on Today

Comment

These things last forever. My boss had them on his truck, and pulling 15k routinely, he still got over 50k outta them.

Comment

I have had 2 sets of these on my truck and decided to get Hankook tires. Don`t do that. You get what you pay for. I even started to take off the Hankooks and sell them so I could go back with Michelins.

Comment

Nitto Ridge Grappler are great.

Comment

Toyo open country AT2, they ride smooth but have a little tread when you need it. I replaced them at 75k, but more because i wanted to and not a must...may could have gotten another 10k out of them.

Comment

I’ve been running a general grabber x3 for awhile now. On my 3rd set now. Great tires. A little on the aggressive side but not a full blown mud tire by any means. So far I’ve been happy with them. Get about 55k out of a set on my f250

Comment

Only one right answer posted here. Mike D for the win.

Comment

Also check with your local dealership for take offs.

Comment

Working...
                              X